Chapter 5: The Feast of the Realms

It was just another night in Whitestone. The de Rolo family was gathered around a table in their castle. Some of the siblings were running around and playing. Percy was next to his mother, reading a book with her.

"It was so funny father!" Julius commented with a laugh.

"And Percy, too!" the man added with a boisterous laugh, Cassandra and Julius next to him.

Everything was perfect.

Then the dream shifted violently.

Percy, now with white hair, was beat to hell with broken glasses framing his battered and bruised face. A woman in a hood held a sword to his face and cackled.

Another shift.

Percy and Cass, running for their lives through a forest. Bloodthirsty hounds were loosed after them, alongside their masters. Percy pulled his sister along behind him, but she was struggling to keep up.

"That man..."

A slice across Percy's shoulder as he was tortured.

"Reality knocking on your door."

Percy at the table finally noticed the crossbow wielding men at the doorway.

Percy in the forest no longer holding Case's hand.

Back in the castle again, blood pouring from the sword wound in his father's chest, the hooded woman behind him with a sadistic grin.

His mother was barely able to scream as two crossbow bolts pierced her throat just as Percy turned around.

In the forest, Cass was struck in the back by two arrows, falling with a cry as Percy could barely keep going—

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy shot upright in his bed, panting as he woke up from his nightmare. His skin was clammy and his pupils were dilated. After eventually catching his breath, he stepped off his bed and put on his glasses before walking to the door of his room.

Outside was the hall where just about everyone's quarters were inside the keep. Being careful to try and not disturb his sleeping party members, he started to go for a small midnight walk.

However, it seemed regardless of that, Vex'ahlia was awake. She stepped outside her room in a sort of robe.

"Bad dream?" she asked, concerned.

Percy could only sigh in response, "Is there any other kind?"

With that, he continued off into the night to mourn in isolation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early in the morning in the kingdom of Emon. Birds were chirping, a rooster crowed, and Keyleth of the Ashari was cheerful as can be. she stepped into the dining/kitchen area with a twirl and a content sigh, flowers and vines sprouting in the doorway and two songbirds flying by as she greeted happily, "Good morning, everybody!"

Everyone just groaned in reply. Yin came in soon after, just as happy as the half-elf.

"Goooood morning Vox Machina!" he greeted, only to be met with more groans.

"Why...?" Vex whispered massaged her temples.

"Why are they yelling..." Scanlan grumbled.

"Morning Keyleth! Morning Vax!" Yin smiled and waved to the two of them as the latter stood was grabbing food with a thing of bread held in his mouth.