I'm Coming Home!

The world of the Kais was a world that was like nothing Rikku had ever seen before. The spread out planets stretched around a single giant planet that was home to the Grand Kai, a supposed master of the martial arts, and an all powerful being. She lived here, for seven years, training amongst many great and noble fighters and enjoyed every moment of it.

She met many friends, including Pikon a fighter of the West Quadrant of space, and Olibru, a man from Earth who many of the legends and stories of Earth were based on. So many fighters, and so many stories to be told and she became close with each one. Her own skills were nothing to be sneezed at for even in the beginning she played high cards with the boys. The tournament saw to that.

I had been an incredible bout and the finals had come between her and Pikon. Although she beat him in the ring the tournament was called a draw for both her and Pikon had been disqualified for touching the ceiling simultaneously. It was a shame, but a great learning experience. Every year she grew stronger and stronger and hit levels she never knew existed.

On occasions she would think of home, and wished she was back in that little kitchen on Mt. Paos eating one of Chichi's fabulous recipes, or playing with Goten in the fields around her house, or fishing with Gohan and telling him stories of the old days... gosh she sure missed home.

"Hey Rikku!" Rikku looked up from her meditation to see King Kai rushing towards her. Right behind him was little Fortune Teller Baba.

"Ah! Baba! It's so good to see you!" She grinned standing up and hurrying over to the old lady. She greeted her with a wrinkled smile.

"Hello again Rikku, we meet again after all these years." Baba adjusted herself on the great crystal ball staring into the eyes of her old friend. Rikku recalled that Baba was able to take fighters back to Earth in order to fight in her mini tournaments. Guess it pays to be psychically aware.

"What brings you here? You visiting?"

"Not exactly, I've been made aware that there's a tournament being held on Earth."

"Really, the martial arts tournament? That takes me back." Rikku thought grinning. Those had been the days. She did nothing but train for years just to become the best. Life was so simple and pleasing. "I wish I could go, even if it was just to watch."

"That's what I'm here for. King Yemma has granted me permission to take you back for the day."

"Huh? WHAT! Really!" A large grin spread across her face. "You mean I get to go home and see my family and friends for a whole day! You're awesome Baba I don't know what to say."

"Think of it as a reward for saving the Earth. Now, you may want to tell your family and friends that you're gonna be around." She motioned to King Kai. "That way they know to look for you."

~Back On Earth~

Gohan soared through the air with his head hung in failure. Why did high school have to be so complicated? First he let his obsessive need to help others get him caught in Super Saiyan mode. He thought that no body would recognize, or they wouldn't care. While no one knew his identity the word of a mysterious "Gold Fighter" spread like wildfire all around his school.

In order to make damage control he asked Bulma to help him create a new identity to protect his saiyan heritage. "The Great Saiyaman" had become the city's national hero and for awhile it worked splendidly... until Videl Satan, daughter of Hercule Satan, had found him out. She had done a lot of digging on his family too. She found out his mother had been a former champion of the tournament and blackmailed him to participate in order to make a great fight, and on top of it wanted him to teach her how to fly.