18. Out of the Shadows.

Start from the beginning

Aditya looked up, peeved being addressed formally. He wanted to retort or ignore her but ended up nodding reluctantly due to Aparna's presence. "Take Steve along." He ordered and Adira left with a silent nod.

"A responsible husband and a caring wife is not what I was expecting to see." Sagar needled, being caught off-guard with everyone's changed and better equations.

"I don't have any desire to live upto your expectations. Just say the damn matter you are here for!" Aditya uttered in a business like tone trying to maintain his cool. Inwardly, he was pissed off with everything happening around. Things were slipping through his hands, gradually. Even though Sagar's actions were in his control, his so called step-daughter was more than enough to wreck an havoc in his system. She was unpredictable.

"You promised to lend me money for a deal and now it's time to fulfill that promise." Sagar jumped on the matter real quick. Sex could mellow down anything and anyone and Aditya was a young man with needs. He must've been charmed by Adira's beauty and his step-daughter is an emotional fool to fall for Aditya's deceptive concerns.

Aditya stood up and walked to his study muttering, "Follow me."

______

Adira's Pov

"Ma'am I wanted to get the course upgraded of one of the students here." I requested the receptionist for Ani's course upgradation, who gave me a polite nod and enquired about the details.

"Fill this form and get it stamped from the admin office. Your work will be done." I took the form and sat on the sofa chair to fill in the details.

Walking towards the admin office my gaze fell on the painting that was hanging just outside the office. It was a remarkable one with shadowy and intense colors blended so artistically, but my eyes stopped at the signatures at the end 'PC'. Something clicked to me.

This is the same signature that is scribbled on the paintings hanging in Rathod Villa. All the paintings on the first floor have this.

"Excuse me! Can you tell me about the artist 'PC', who had crafted this painting?" Reaching to another girl sitting behind the desk near the adminstration office, I immediately enquired about the painting, already having a hunch about the response.

"Yes ma'am. Her name is Pallavi Chakraborty, founder of this art school."

"You mean Pallavi Chakraborty Rathod?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yes ma'am!"

"But she isn't..." I trailed off not knowing how to say it.

"The school is run by a group of trustees." She added observing my hesitation.

"Is AR also one of the trustees?" I asked when she refused to give more details.

"We aren't allowed to disclose the names. It's confidential, ma'am. If you are here for the admission process, our acting director will see you."

I nodded and went to see the director. Fortunately, he was available and ready to meet me.

"Hello! How can I help you?" Mr. Bhatia, the name shining on the nameplate caught my attention as he greeted me politely.

"Hello Mr. Bhatia. I was here for the course upgradation for my brother. He's been a student in the school since two years. He had recently opted for distance learning." He nodded, encouraging me to continue. I cleared my throat and stated, "I wanted to talk about the fee concession I'd applied for, last month."

"Your ward's name, Ms.?" He asked as I forwarded the file having the credentials about the course and his report cards.

"Aniket Maheshwari and I'm Ms..." I trailed off, unsure if I should reveal my identity. What if he doesn't approve for the scholarship after knowing that I'm AR's wife?