4. Nonplussed Gestures.

He stormed back into the house, wordlessly, but his vicious blue eyes spoke of my doom. With each step I took towards the living room, I felt the burden of my impulsivity getting heavier. Overconfident about the factor that he would agree, I'd gone ahead and taken dissent from him, head on, unwary that he holds enough power to destroy Singhaniya Industries and it wouldn't take Sagar few other seconds to channelise his anger towards Aniket. Tears pricked at the back of my eyes realising my foolishness. What had I done Krishna ji?! Why didn't you stop me?

Oblivious to where I was treading to, I bumped head on to a wall. In the middle of our living room? I gasped, as he turned and glared down at me. It was him not the wall.

It isn't much of a difference! My subconscious mumbled batting her lashes dreamily. He is not the only one who is so tall in this whole universe. I objected but it was ineffectual. I sigh!

"Adi!" We both snapped our heads towards his grandmother and I recognized she was calling her grandson. Same nick name? This can't be happening Krishna ji!

His eyes immediately softened and he went and sat beside her with a small smile. Smile?? That means the 'smile muscles' on his face are still working.

Composing myself I looked at mom who was smiling ear to ear. For the first time in last three months, her eyes reflected that smile on her lips. She looked at peace.

"Adi?" She whispered teasingly as I sat next to her. I was blank. She is hopeful for this alliance. If only she knew what Mr. Rathod thinks about me and neither can I tell her. It will destroy the little happiness in her heart after months.

"What have you thought about this relation, dear?" His grandfather questioned me straightforwardly. I fidgeted with my fingers staring at them blindly. What should I say?

I cannot refuse but I do not want to marry him. I do not want to marry anyone. I want to work in my grandfather's company.

"Who can reject your grandson, sir? My daughter is not amongst those fools." The stressful silence was broken by Sagar as he pressed over 'fool' only to make me startle with a warning.

"I wasn't aware of your counting in the list of my admirers, Mr. Ahuja. I often ignore them as 'fools'." Mr. Rathod remarked tonelessly and I was left gaping. My eyes wandered to my mother who was stifling her smile. She was impressed by Mr. Rathod.

As if you aren't? My subconscious rolled her eyes at me, entering into a showroom of bridal outfits. What?

"He just enjoys messing up with people. Don't mind." His grandmother covered his joke and he looked at her with 'you know me so well' look.

"I like your sense of humour, Aditya." Sagar said regaining his composure.

"I like it too." Mr. Rathod agreed proudly and a giggle escaped my mother's lips which she disguised with a cough. A smile peeped my lips. Sagar Ahuja hasn't just signed a deal but invited a trouble name Aditya Rathod.

My eyes unknowingly went towards him and I found his beautiful eyes fixed over me, already. He can see through Sagar's guise in their first meet. Will he try to look through my helplessness too?

"Adi." Mom squeezed my hand and I and Mr. Rathod, both looked at her.

"Ohooh! That's going to be a confusion. You both cannot have same nicknames. We have to think something different for one of you two." His grandmother exclaimed thoughtfully.

"That is when she accepts Aditya as her husband. Adira, dear, do you need some more time to decide?" His grandfather asked politely. I looked at him. If my grandfather had been here, he wouldn't have forced me for anything. This family would respect my decision and that mere thought soothed my fears. I do not know about Mr. Rathod but I wouldn't get a better family than this. This is my only best chance. The more I delay, Sagar's anger would flare up. My brother do not have much time.