7. Ardent Aversions.

Her mouth dried as he walked slowly towards her like a predator. She took a step back and fisted her dress in fear. His stormy blue eyes blazed with anger draining away all the courage she had gathered till now. "I shouldn't have challenged him Krishna ji. No one will know if he'll bury me six feet underground with his deadly glares." Adira thought gulping hard, when his tall figure towered her.

"Adi." Bhawna's sweet voice broke their staring (~glaring and fearing) session and a relieved sigh escaped Adira's lips.

Aditya's whole stance completely changed from furious to calm and he greeted his grandmother with a smile reserved for her, astonishing Adira. He looked so close to explode.

"Adi, you didn't leave for Pune yet?" Adishri asked with a frown but Bhawna answered instead of him.

"He had to show me their engagement ring before he leaves for Pune. That's why you are here, right?" Bhawna forwarded her palm with a smile asking him to show the ring.

A smirk formed on Adira's lips when she realised the tables are turned and he is the one who is going to face the interrogation. But how could she leave this chance to rile him up when he is at such a tight spot.

"We didn't purchase the rings dadijaan." Adira informed disappointedly before Aditya could frame any excuse. Dadijaan frowned and looked at Aditya, anger and disappointment clearly evident on her face.

"Why?" Aparna asked looking at both of them. Aditya's family had a hunch about the reason to be not something Aparna would like.

"Mom, Mr. Rathod is very choosy. There were so many beautiful rings but he didn't like any of them for me. So he'd promised to choose a ring all by himself from somewhere else."

Aditya's eyes immediately darted towards Adira hearing her blunt, sweet lie. Unbearably suppressing his urge to teach her an unforgettable lesson, he simply nodded.

"Really? How sweet of you jeeju. I was so excited and curious to meet you after listening the praises Ani sang of you this morning and I must say you impressed me. Btw hii, I'm Sarah Patel, Adira's best friend. Nice to meet you." Sarah introduced herself delightfully feeling happy for her best friend.

Both Aditya and Adira mentally rolled their eyes, one in annoyance and the other one at the naivety of her best friend who didn't know his real face. Aditya gave a curt nod, his hands still tucked in his pockets, a gesture that showed his refusal to have any friendly interaction with Sarah, infuriating Adira at his callous attitude. Sarah retreated her hand, feeling embarrassed.

"I think we should head towards selecting the dresses." Riya suggested to clear the air which had turned awkward.

"Did you see his arrogant behaviour? Sweet, my foot." Adira hissed in anger, her voice was low enough not to be heard by the rest except Sarah.

"Adi, it's okay baba. You told me he's quite reserved. With time he will be normal and it doesn't matter how he behaves with me. He is good with you, right?" Sarah explained her calmly forgetting what all happened and showed her concern for her best friend.

Adira looked down and simply bobbed her head positively, feeling guilty for lying to her caring best friend.

"Then it's completely fine. Let's select your dresses and I'll make sure jeeju will be stunned and his eyes won't leave you, just like now, see." Following her gaze Adira looked at her side and saw Aditya, standing with Rudra and staring at her while they conversed.