[Uninvited]

"Do you hear?" Tsireya signed, diving deeper into the water to be by your side. You paused to look at your sister, quiet as you listened. As compared to how it usually is in the afternoon, the water felt uneasy, too empty, and too quiet.

You nod your head briefly and with a small wordless gesture, you tell her to swim up to the surface. Something had to be going on.

You take the initiative and swim ahead of your sister. Not long after, you breach the water and make your way out to the shore. You find a number of your people beginning to crowd around what seemed like other Na'vi.

You haven't seen their kind before. They look odd, different and most of all obviously unwelcome. Your usual unbothered expression turns into a frown of displeasure as you walk towards the crowd. Out of the corner of your eye you see your younger brother and one of his friends move closer ahead as well, confusion written all over their faces.

'They should leave' was all you thought. A few in the crowd start to make way as you inch closer. Everyone, despite their own curiosity, kept their distance from what you could now identify as six other Na'vi.

You stepped out in front of the dense crowd, folding your arms over your chest. Ao'nung looked through the crowd to find you, his older brother and when he did a surge of confidence filled him as he circled around four of the Na'vi. If it had been out of curiosity or arrogance, you wouldn't know.

Two of them, however, stood ahead of what you can assume to be their family. There is no doubt that they were older than those other four, certainly their parents.

Ao'nung let out a mocked laugh before he spoke, "What's this?" It had been a rhetorical question, not meant to be answered, "Is that supposed to be a tail?" He taunted with a wide grin, pulling one of their tails. He hadn't seen anything like it before. It was hilarious. Ao'nung could almost shed a tear.

"How can they swim?" His friend continued.

Your eyes nearly shone with amusement as you watched. Once you felt eyes on you, unwanted eyes specifically, it all but ceased. It had been one of the boys your brother teased not a moment ago.

He looked different from the rest, more intimidating. Oh, he was clearly the oldest of the four. He was sizing you up, wasn't he? That had been the only logical thought in your mind once you had noticed. As you raised your chin slightly and tipped your head in curiosity, the scowl on your face didn't let up as you met eyes in silence.

You felt a sense of nostalgia somehow.

Ao'nung and his friend continued to mock the siblings as Tsireya came into the crowd as well. She had witnessed her brother's antics and was about to protest against it before you spoke up, beating her to it.

You detested the fact that you had to be the one to break eye contact with the 'forest boy' first. It had been a silent competition in your understanding, and you had lost unwillingly. Now having to tend to the other two's behaviour.

"Roxto, Ao'nung." You called out loud enough for them to hear. You unfolded your arms and with your hand you motioned them to back off. If you sounded too demanding, you didn't care.

Your sister visibly relaxed and let out a quiet sign, making a mental note to thank her eldest brother later.

You'd rather not have the two of them -including Tsireya- meddle in something that was obviously none of their business.
Any relationship between these people and the reef is no good.

Your father finally made his way to the scene these people were causing. Upon seeing the family, he... smiled? You scoffed at the display. Hopefully your mother could convince him otherwise.