chapter 2= plunged into Darkness

-time skip-
23rd of December.

Y/n's POV

It was a day before Christmas Eve, and Bernard and I were in the control room.
It has been weird over the last few days. Elves have started disappearing. We've sent out search parties of elves, but those guys didn't return either.
"Hey, Snow bunny! Are you okay?" Bernard snapped me from my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh, yeah! I'm fine! I'm just worried about all this about elves disappearing. Now, we're seriously behind on toys, and Christmas Eve is tomorrow, and it's all just-!" My stress started to rise.
"Shhh! Calm down! Everything's gonna be alright! We're gonna figure this out, okay!" Bernard comforting me was my favourite thing about him. He always knew what to do....

"Bernard, we have a code candy cane!" Betty, one of the elves called to us. Bernard ran over, looked on the monitor, and saw something coming towards the Pole.
"B, what's going on?" I asked.
I looked on the monitor and gasped.
"Whatever this is, it's not stopping!" Bernard said worriedly. He then turned to the elves and demanded.
"Someone alert santa! Y/n and I will head out and check what's going on. Someone send out a message across the pole informing everyone to get in their houses, lock their doors, and protect their possessions! Let's go, go, go!" He clapped his hands and dragged me out of the control room.
"B, what's going on?!?!" I yanked myself out of his grip.
"Someone or something is invading the pole. We need to go!" He demanded.
We started to run out of the factory when Curtis came running towards us.
"Bernard, Y/n, what's going on?" Curtis asked as the elves ran around, panicking.
"Some shhhhiny tinsel is going down in Elfsburg. Follow us!" Bernard said, grabbing Curtis and pulling him with us.

Once we got outside and there was a dead silence. No elves around.
Then, we all looked up slowly and saw little figures with Christmas parachutes. They landed on the ground and stared us three dead in the eyes. They were dark elves, Krampus' minions! I lay my eyes on a familiar face among the dark elves.
"Alexander? B, is that Alex?" I asked in a hushed voice.
"Oh my garland.... It is." Bernard replied in the same, hushed voice.
Then, like the coward he is, Curtis turned his back and ran, leaving Bernard and I as bate for capturing.
"CURTIS!!!" Bernard yelled, annoyed.
"B, what do we do?"
"Uhhh.... Come on, hurry!" Bernard started pulling me towards the entrance of the workshop where we were behind Curtis. I heard the dark elves hiss and run after us.
"Curtis, Curtis, Curtis! Keep the door open, would ya?" Bernard yelled, still running with me. Bernard and I dived through the door.
"Curtis, now, now, now!! Close it!!!!" Bernard screamed. Curtis slammed the big doors and locked them.
We all breathed a sigh of relief. Then, we got up and ran to the workshop where all the elves were, running, screaming, and panicking.
Bernard ran up to the second level of the workshop and whistled so loud that everyone had stopped.
"I have an idea," Bernard yelled.
"Everyone make their way out the back exit. We have been plunged into darkness, and we need to survive. Where's santa?"
"I'm here! What's going on?" My uncle suddenly appeared with Stella, crying in his arms.
"Mommy!" Stella cried. My uncle handed her to me.
"Oh, honey! It's okay!" I comforted.
"Listen, everyone! Follow me, I know where to go!" Bernard yelled.
"This way!" Bernard yelled, gesturing to the back exit. The elves all made their way out. Bernard checked if the coast was clear, went further into the snow, knelt down, and brushed snow off of what seemed to be a trap door.
"Come on, we'll be safe in here!" Bernard said, lifting the trap door to a hidden bunker.
"Bernard, I'm not sure about this. Won't Krampus and his minions find us down there?" Santa questioned.
"Not if we remain quiet!" Curtis butted in.
"Everyone down there, go!" I said.
Everyone made their way down the ladder, and my uncle helped Stella and Buddy down, Curtis went in, then Abby, then Bernard, and I went in last.
I prayed that we wouldn't get caught.