chapter 10= getting uncle Scott!

Y/n's POV

I was sneakily creeping through the halls of the workshop when someone clasped a hand over my mouth and pulled me into the E.L.F.S department.
It was Curtis. He shut the door behind us.
"What the Holly are you doing?" I asked.
"We need to go and get your uncle!" Curtis exclaimed.
"How?" I asked in an annoyed, high-pitched voice.
"I've got a jetpack! You've got your flying powers. Right?"
"Yeah! Well-....YES!!!" I finally snapped.
"Where's Bernard?" Curtis asked.
"He got himself tied up!" I replied.
"What?!?!" Curtis said aghast.
"Yeah! So we'd better get going!" I said.
Curtis slid on the jetpack, adjusted the straps, and slid on a helmet. Bernard once told me that apparently, an Elf can't de-Elf. So, when my uncle was de-santafying, I wasn't losing my Elf abilities or my ears. I'm saying this because before Curtis and I left for my uncle, I almost forgot my beanie. So, I grabbed it, and we were ready!
"What do we do now?" I asked.
"We go!" Curtis said.
"Wait, Curtis! There's soldiers guarding this place! How are we gonna go?" I asked.
"Out of the window!" Curtis clicked his fingers. He opened the window, and we looked down at the empty Elf village.
"Where is everyone?" I asked.
"I don't know!" Curtis said.
"Ya ready?" I asked Curtis. He nodded.
"SO LET'S DO THIS THING!!!" I yelled. Then, WHOOSH! Curtis and I took off into the chilly night and on our way to my uncles house. I hoped Bernard was okay!

-time skip-At Laura and Neil's house

-time skip-
At Laura and Neil's house.

"Woah! woah! WOOOOAAAAAHHHH!!!!" Curtis yelled, crashing into a bank of snow. I flew down next to him as he stood up and brushed himself off.
"Graceful!" I complimented sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.
"We're outside Laura and Neil's house!" I suddenly realised.
We went up and knocked on the door, and I slid my beanie on.
Lucy answered the door.
"Hey, Luce!" I said, smiling.
"Hey, y/n!" She said excitedly.
"Is sssssssscott here?" Curtis said, almost saying santa.
"Who are you?" Lucy asked Curtis.
"Uhh, Curtis! A friend from...Buffalo!" Curtis said, nodding his head. I mentally face-palmed.
"Are you an Elf?" Lucy asked Curtis. My eyes widened.
"Of course not! Why would you ask such a silly question?" Curtis said, chuckling as he did.
"How come you have pointy ears?" Lucy asked, looking at Curtis' ears.
"It's...because....I never ate my green vegetables!....do you eat your green vegetables?" Curtis said, leaning into Lucy in an intimidating tone.
Lucy put her hands to her ears.
"UNCLE SCOOOOTT!!!" Lucy yelled, dragging the 'o'.
She ran into the house and I heard my uncle's voice, "right here! What's the matter?...oh! Curtis, y/n! What are you doing here?" Uncle Scott asked as we met eyes. My uncle raised his eyebrows, turned to Lucy, and said,
"There's a little trouble at the.....Plant!" Curtis said. I smiled and nodded my head.
"It's okay, Luce. Curtis is a very old friend. We have a large firm. We work together in..."
"Buffalo." Curtis mouthed.
"Buffalo?" Scott asked, giving Curtis a weird look.
Curtis nodded. My uncle then turned back to Lucy and said,
"We work together in Buffalo! So, we're gonna talk business."
"What business?" Lucy asked.
"Well, it's business that's none of ya business!" I chimed in, getting annoyed but 9 in a comforting tone.
"Soon I'll be 7, and then I can know things!" Lucy said. She walked past Curtis and said, "Goodnight, Curtis..."
"Goodnight, Lucy!" Curtis said.
"Night, Luce!" I called.
"Night, Lucy!" Scott called in a cheerful tone.
When Lucy was out of sight, Uncle Scott's face suddenly turned serious, and he said to Curtis and I, "What's
up?"
That's when Curtis erupted into speech,
"The toy Santa's gone completely out of control! He's locked up the elves, shut down the workshop, he thinks everybody's naughty, and he's gonna give the WHOLE WORLD COAL!!!!" Curtis explained.
"Well, how come Bernard didn't come down and tell me this?" Scott asked.
"He's under house arrest!" I yelled.
"Bernard?!?!" Scott asked, aghast.
"Yeah! You gotta fly back with us to the North Pole to save Christmas!" Curtis yelled, sounding out of breath afterwards.
"I can't! I have no magic left! I'm outta magic! Look!" Uncle Scott said, showing us the watch. Curtis growled in annoyance, but then I realised something.
"I thought ya had Comet?" I asked.
"Yeah, well-.....yes!!!" Scott suddenly snapped, and we all ran outside, but we saw Comet on the ground, surrounded by candy rappers, and he had gained a lot of weight.
"Comet.....Comet! Look at me! Look at me! Comet!" My uncle said, annoyed. Comet looked towards my uncle and groaned.
"What are ya doin'? You can't eat sugar it's bad for you!" I piped up, stoking his back.
He gabbled.
"What do ya mean, you didn't eat this?" I asked.
He gabbled yet again.
"Who did?" I asked.
He gabbled.
"A squirrel?" I asked.
He gabbled.
"Yeah, well, get this! You have to fly Curtis and my uncle back to the pole!"
I explained.
"Ra Norfh Pole?!" Comet said. I could make out what he was saying.
"Yeah! Tonight!" I said.
"What are you gonna do?" Scott asked me.
"I'll teleport there with my magic and try to find Bernard!" I simply replied.
Okay, me and y/n will help ya up!" Scott said, moving over to the incredibly overweight reindeer.
"Ya might have to help us out here, buddy!" I said.
"3, 2, 1!" Scott said. Then, my uncle and I tried to lift him, but we failed miserably.
We quit after a good 10 seconds of trying.
"That's good, okay, now. Help us. Can ya move anything?" My uncle asked. Then, Comet started to groan, and it got louder and louder.
"Fire in the hole!!!" I yelled, pulling my uncle and Curtis behind a snowbank.
Comet let out a big fart and sighed in relief.
My uncle, Curtis, and I waved our hands in front of our faces to move the smell away.
"Ya really let one rip, didn't ya bud?" I said, my voice raspy.
"Would you eat some roughage? Will ya?" Scott yelled.
"Oh god! I hope Bernard's alright!" I said, raising my hands to my head.
"Hey! Don't worry, honey! He's fine!" Scott comforted.
"Now, what do we do??" Curtis asked, indicating Comet's fat butt not moving.
"Oh, what about the jetpack?" Scott said to Curtis.
"Uhh...it kinda...burned up on re-entry!" Curtis admitted, a big cheesy grin rested on his lips.
"What am I supposed to do? Grow wings?" My uncle said, placing his hands on his hips.
Then, I realised something!
I think my uncle did to! Because he looked at me with a look of pure realisation.
The three of us dashed inside and acted fast....