Part VIII

"Sorry I'm late!" A young Y/N exclaimed, speeding into the hallway where alarms blared loudly and the other members of the Academy ran around. Reginald stood in the middle of the chaos. 

"Coming through!" Allison exclaimed before sighing, "Come on Luther!" She called out, navigating past Y/N at the base of the stairs before breaking into a run past Reginald, who frowned at her before turning his attention back to the girl before him.

"How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if you can't even reach the Academy in time for missions!" Reginald exclaimed.

"Behind you!" Came Luther's voice abruptly from behind Y/N, the girl promptly moved to the side, then offered one last apology to Reginald. He waved her away dismissively, and she followed the boy who had just sprinted past her.

"Come along, children. Come along!" Reginald urged, clapping his hands.

Grace sauntered through the hallway, as calm and composed as ever. She paused in her movements as she heard Allison's frustrated cries. She made her way to the girl's bedroom, heels gently clicking on the floor.

"I can't find my domino mask!" She cried, almost in tears as she looked at Grace. The woman smiled, and held her hand out, offering her exactly what she was looking for.

"It needed a little bit of TLC after the last mission." She explained. Allison smiled gratefully, before thanking her and running out of her bedroom.

Grace made her way out of Allison's bedroom, then peeked into Luthers. "Ready to go?" She asked the boy, who was doing pushups in preparation. He held a thumb up to affirm, and she walked away, before stopping at Vanya's bedroom, where soft music floated out.

" Sounds beautiful, Vanya." She complimented, making the girl shy.

"Thanks mom." Vanya responded. The peaceful moment was soon disturbed by sobs piercing the air, and Grace hastily made her way to Y/N who sat on a bench beside the hallway window.

"What's wrong, darling?" Grace cooed, and more tears escaped the crying girl's eyes.

"Cedric took my bag and hid it- it has my mission suit, my domino mask and everything..." She was interrupted by another sob escaping her lips, "He'll be so mad..." She said, referring to Reginald.

At that moment, Cedric skidded into the hallway. Grace stopped him by placing her hands on both his shoulders.

"Where's Y/N's bag?" She demanded, her voice quiet, but oddly frightening. She leaned down to make piercing eye contact with the boy. Cedric gulped.

"It's... it's in Five's room." Cedric turned to Y/N, trying to avoid making eye contact with Grace. Y/N nodded and raced to her old friend's room, throwing a quick thank you to Grace. Satisfied, the woman let go of Cedric and continued her walk through the hallway.

"Oh, Klaus!" She suddenly exclaimed, entering a bedroom where a giggling Klaus was jumping on a bed as a fire was blazing in the drawer next to him. Grace quickly put it out.

"Thank you, mother." Klaus drawled, and Grace shook her head as she walked out.

"Boys will be boys." She muttered, but a smile quickly returned to her face as she saw Ben race towards her.

"Oh! Ben!" She exclaimed, watching him struggle with the zip of his mission suit.

"It's stuck!" He complained, and his mother bent down to help him. Once his issue was sorted out, he sighed in relief.