Part VII

Ben and Y/N stared at Klaus, who was stuffing a whole cupcake in his mouth. He moaned in satisfaction at the taste, and blew a chef's kiss after swallowing it.

"Luther told me you almost got arrested, how did that happen?" Ben inquired his brother who sat beside him.

"Well," started Klaus, "I had to steal some snacks because-"

"Can we please discuss what we all gathered here for?" Luther demanded his siblings, all of whom were lounging about the main living room, eating and drinking and complimenting the cooks.

"Party pooper." Diego mumbled, but came to stand next to Y/N anyway, ready to hear  what Luther had to say.

Number One inhaled sharply once everyone had gathered around him, and began, "Allison, Ben, Y/N and I have reason to believe that mom has something to do with dad's death."

Silence settled around the room. Nobody wanted to say anything, and it seemed as though Luther too, was picking his next words carefully. However, Diego spoke before him.

"So this is why you called this meeting? To doubt someone who I love and cherish?" 

"We all love her Diego." Y/N assured him, drawing his attention to her as well as her fiance.

"And Y/N, Ben, you too?" Diego's tone sounded almost hurt. Ben sighed.

"We haven't formed our own opinions yet Diego, but I personally really don't think mom could do something like that." He answered, and Y/N agreed with a nod.

"So how come he's saying you two are a part of this?" Number two demanded, gesturing to Luther.

"Because they were there when we saw the evidence... when we saw this." Allison hit a button on a small monitor that had been resting on the bar top, and instantly, the security footage from that morning began playing.

"Ah... that's what the weird television was for!" Klaus exclaimed, but was shushed by Diego.

As the video continued, it left many of the siblings in shock, even Klaus stopped snacking on his cupcakes, and seemed more alert than ever. 

"I mean, do you really think mom would hurt dad?" Vanya spoke up, setting down her mug of hot chocolate.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther declared, briefly turning to his sister before devoting his attention to the monitor once more.

"If he was poisoned... it would have shown in the coroner's report." Diego carefully noted.

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes!" Luther argued.

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision," Diego retaliated, he slowly approached the monitor and pressed a button, "look closer." He told everyone, and they instantly moved closer.

"Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone." He stated simply, leaving Luther in shock.

"Oh yeah!" Klaus chuckled, resuming eating his cupcake.

Ben breathed a sigh of relief, thankful for Diego's keen eyes and the way he'd shut down any suspicions about mom.

"So she wasn't poisoning him..." Y/N thought out loud.

"Nope, she was just taking the monocle." Diego announced, "To clean it."

"Then where is it?" Luther demanded suddenly, and all the tension that had just dissipated seemed to return. "No, I've searched the house, including all her things, she doesn't have it!" He furthered his argument.