Part X

"Five?" The Boy turned in his seat at the mention of his name. He nodded to the stools beside him in invitation when he saw who stood at the door of Griddy's donuts.

"Care to join me for coffee? Might make this shit day less shit." He said, and the podgy man next to him raised his eyebrows at seeing a kid swear like that. Five ignored him and impatiently rang the bell on the counter.

"Coffee and donuts do sound good." Ben voiced his thoughts, taking the seat next to Y/N who now sat next to Five. The newcomers gave the strange man a tight lipped smile, which he returned before going back to whatever he was doing.

"Sorry, sink was clogged." A woman dressed in a pink waitresses outfit appeared behind the counter. She chuckled a little as she apologized to her customers. 

"So, what'll it be?" She asked, waiting to take their orders.

"Uh, give me a chocolate eclair." The man with the moustache told.

"Mhmm, sure. You?" The waitress skipped over Five to ask Y/N. The Y/H/C haired girl shot him an apologetic glance but he didn't seem to mind.

"I'll have a (your favorite donut) with (your favorite drink)." She articulated. Ben gave his order for a cappucino and a cookies and cream donut soon after, and the woman at the counter -whose nametag read Agnes- took it down on her notepad.

"Can I get your son a glass of milk or something?" She looked between Ben and Y/N who opened their mouths to correct her, but Five was quicker.

"Their son wants coffee. Black." He scoffed.

Agnes was taken aback, as was the man next to Five but Ben and Y/N just looked away with a sigh.

"Cute kid." Agnes chuckled, hoping it was a joke. However, Five only gave her a wide smile, showcasing all his pearly white teeth. It creeped her out.

"Okay..." She said, disappearing into the backroom.

"Don't remember this place being such a shithole." Five said to the others present once Agnes had left. The man next to him shook his head at the swearing, but didn't look up.

"We used to come here all the time as kids, and eat donuts till we puked. Remember?" He asked his brother and his soon to be sister-in-law. They nodded, fond smiles gracing their features as they recalled all those nights they used to sneak away from Reginald and his expectations.

Five turned to the man next to him who was now looking at the trio with a puzzled look upon hearing those words. "Simpler times, huh?" He asked the adult man.

"Eh, I suppose." He mumbled, now looking to Y/N, hoping she'd make some sense but she looked away, not wanting to talk after the day she'd had.

"Here." Agnes said, coming out with a tray which held everyone's orders. She distributed them, smiling at the thanks she got.

"I got theirs, keep the change." Y/N held out a fifty dollar bill to the other woman to pay for everyone in the small donut shop. Agnes looked at the money in surprise, and gratefully accepted the generous tip.

"Thanks." Five and the man both echoed, and the girl smiled, looking down at her donut. Ben gave her a kiss on the cheek before everyone began to eat and drink.

"You must know your way around this city." Five engaged in conversation with the stranger upon seeing he worked for a towing service.

"I hope so," the truck driver spoke, "Been driving it for 20 years.".

"Good. I need an address." Five leaned closer after his statement to continue, as though he didn't want Ben and Y/N overhearing. The couple shot each other a look at the mystery surrounding the conversation.