Part V

"Oh, that's strange." Lance commented as he studied the contents of a file intently.

Ben stopped leaning against the table in the room and stood up straight when he saw confusion flash in Five's eyes, ready to hold him back in case he got angry at those words. Luckily, The Boy only inquired further.

"What do you mean?" He demanded.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number...".

He trailed off, looking at the four other people in the room with him as though he was afraid they would kill him on the spot if he finished.

"What about that eye, Lance?" Y/N asked, a hint of suspicion in her voice.

"It can't be right, it hasn't even been manufactured yet.".

Klaus, Ben and Y/N exchanged frenzied glances with one another, while Five simply sighed, as though he had been expecting this.

"Where did you get that eye?" The doctor probed, but Five just marched out of the room. Klaus hopped down from the table to follow him.

"Thank you for your time, sir." Ben shook Lance's hand before he was pulled away by his hungry girlfriend.

"Well... this is not good." Five informed the others when they stepped out of the building after a very silent elevator ride.

"I was pretty good though, right? 'Yeah. What about my consent, bitch?'." Klaus replayed his favorite part of the day. Y/N giggled, adjusting Ben's jacket which lay across her shoulders. Five however, was unamused.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter." He sounded hopeless, lost even.

"What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus grew frustrated for a moment, Ben placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down and avoid getting stabbed by Five.

Five truly looked like he was ready to snap, his jaw tensed and his eyes wide, he took a step closer to Klaus, but was instead spun around to face Y/N. She held his wrist loosely, but just tight enough to get him to look into her curious eyes.

"We accompanied you here, Five, I think the least we deserve is an explanation." She sided with Klaus.

Number Five let out a deep exhale at her words, and nodded at them. He pulled his hand out of her grasp and went to go and sit on the steps of the building. The others followed his actions.

"There is someone out there, who is going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're going to bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it." He whispered it in a soft tone, but it hit his brothers and his friend like a truck.

"And we were here to find out who..." Ben voiced his realization and Five agreed with a hum.

"Why would they do that?" Y/N pondered, and Five shrugged.

"When I was in the future, I saw you all dead, you were lying on some rubble behind the house." He said, pointing to Klaus.

"You two went holding hands." He referred to the couple.

"Most peculiar though... was Luther, who was holding this in his hand." He uncovered the mysterious eye.

Silence fell over the group momentarily, Five reliving the trauma of seeing the people he loved most dead, while the other three processed that they could all truly die in seven days. If they did nothing about it, they definitely would.

Klaus was the one who broke everyone out of their thoughts, "Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like, now, or what?"

Five scoffed, "The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?".

"Well, we had a deal!" His seance brother whined.

"You're useless..." The realization hit Five as he slowly shook his head.

"You're all useless!" He exclaimed, now throwing his hands up in the air. Y/N and Ben gasped, their feelings hurt. Klaus was unbothered.

"Oh come on. You need to lighten up old man. Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight, you must be horny as hell! All those years by yourself, it's gotta screw with your head, being alone." 

Y/N groaned at that, Ben wasn't afraid to declare his opinion.

"Klaus, that's dirty!"

"Wait till you hear our backstory." Five, now in better humor, remembered the story of how his 'father' met his 'mother'. He then sighed, thinking over Klaus' words.

"Well... I wasn't alone." That piqued everyone's interest.

"Oh? Pray tell." Klaus interrogated.

"Her name was Delores. We were together for over thirty years." He looked melancholic as he thought of her, Y/N gently caressed the back of his hand.

"Delores must've been very special." She consoled, he smiled and nodded.

"Thirty years? Oh wow! God the longest I've been with someone was... I don't know, three weeks." Klaus began again.

Five gestured for Ben and Y/N to lean closer, "He's your problem now... enjoy lunch." With that, he blinked away. Klaus was oblivious as he went on.

"He did make the most fantastic osso buco, though. It was... Hey, where's Five?" He finally noticed his missing brother.

The boy in question waved to them as he passed by in a taxi with a terrified looking driver. Klaus gasped and stood up.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, what about my money?!" He yelled, but it was futile.

Ben stood with a chuckle, and pulled his fiancee up with him. They both turned to third part of the little family they'd formed over the years.

"Come on Klaus, let's go for lunch, wherever you want." He wrapped one around his brother and the other around his lover as he guided them towards the car.

"Mmmm, I'm in the mood for something fishy. Can we go to YO! Sushi?" Klaus asked Y/N as he climbed into the backseat.

Y/N shrugged, tilting her head towards Ben "Ask calamari on drugs, he's driving."

Klaus guffawed loudly at the nickname, and even Ben chuckled along. However, he couldn't shake the mysterious, nagging feeling that began to develop when she said it. It wasn't that he minded the name, but it sounded familiar.

Still, he ignored it and climbed into the drivers seat, clicking the seatbelt in place. It was only once he started the car that he remembered the only person that used that name for him. He gritted his teeth, and gripped the steering wheel tighter.

Damn Cedric Foster.