Nanny's Scars [ANGST/FLUFF]

Warlock sat in the warm sand, making a sandcastle while Nanny Ashtoreth sat up lunch. They were spending a day at the beach, and the sun was high and bright, the sky a bright blue and clear. Pulling out egg and cress salad sandwiches, a container of chopped up bananas, two bottles of spring water, and two chocolate biscuits, she called Warlock over.

"Warlock, dear, it's time for lunch!"

The summer breeze gently blew her sheer robe over her black swimsuit, her curly red hair blew behind her.

"Coming, Nanny!"

Setting down his red pale, he got up an ran over to where Nanny Ashtoreth stood.

Sitting on the blue and white checkered blanket, Warlock began to eat a sandwich while Nanny began chewing on a biscuit. As Nanny chewed, she stretched out her legs, which were right next to Warlock, and kicked off her black sandals. That's when the boy noticed her feet - Specifically the burn marks.

Slowly chewing and eventually swallowing the bite, Warlock asked;

"Nanny, what happened to your feet?"

Her heart fell to her stomach as she stopped chewing, and gave Warlock a wide eyed look from behind her shades; "What do you mean, dear?"

"Your feet,' he pointed, "they look hurt."

Nanny pulled one leg close while still holding the biscuit, while examining her foot.

Crowley knew what it was from; The church, when he saved Aziraphale from the Nazis. The consecrated ground burned his feet, and the scars never really healed. He miracled the worst away, but dark lines and little red splotches scared his feet. He never did tell the angel, because he knew he would fret and feel guilty.

"Nanny?"

A little voice brought her back to the present and she just simply smiled at the curious child; "Don't worry about it dear. It happend when I was a young girl. It doesn't hurt anymore."

Warlock just shrugged at the explanation, which secretly gave her relief. After they got done eating and everything put away, they splashed around in the water for a while before going back home.

Later that night, Brother Francis and Nanny Ashtoreth sat on a bench on the front porch, drinking a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape."How was the beach, Nanny?" Brother Francis asked, while sipping his wine. She gave a one shoulder shrug.

"Little tyke had fun," she muttered while giving a little grin.

She never did tell him about the scars.