Can we talk? (6)

TIME SKIP TO WHEN THEY START SCHOOL:

I woke up to the sound , of my alarm. My mom was making breakfast for me and Spencer. "Good morning love." My mom said kissing my forehead. I got up and went into the kitchen, following after her. "Need help?" I asked. "No no, go sit down honey." I had already gotten ready. I also haven't talked to Ryan in months. Spencer still had Ryan come over though, they still practice for their band, last I heard they were thinking about going to LA after they graduate. "Morning mom, morning D." Spencer said and walked out of his room. "Good morning." I responded and quickly ate breakfast, I was going to be late for school, on the first day, fuck. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door, "bye mom! Spencer come on." "Got it let's go." Spencer walked out the door with me. Once we walked into school, I went to my locker. I quickly found out that Casey's locker is next to mine. Fuck. "Oh hey, Delilah right?" Casey said looking over at me. "Yeah, Casey right?" I responded. "Mhm, how's Ryan?" Casey asked. "Not sure, we don't talk." I turned my head. "Really? He really liked you. He probably imagined you as we had sex." She laughed, "that's to much information, but thanks Casey." I laughed at her comment. "No I'm serious. He is like in love with you. He would talk about you all the time. He missed you Delilah." She said to me. "How can he miss me he's at my house everyday." I laughed, "well I mean like, he wanted to be romantic with you. He was my boyfriend, but he loved you. And I'm okay with that." She smiled, "I found someone cooler." She said, as a girl walked over. "Hey babe." She kissed the girl, "gotta go Delilah, bye!" She waved to me. Casey has a girlfriend. Oh how the times change. "hey D." I heard someone behind me, god it's Ryan. "Oh hi Ryan." I said and continued going through my locker. "Can we talk after school? It's important." He tuned to look at me. "I'm good, thanks though." I looked down. "Please..?" He looked at me. "Ryan.." I didn't know what to say "fine, just come over." I looked up. "I'm sorry Delilah." Ryan still had his head down. "Ryan why don't we just go talk now? We can come back to school later." I looked at him, then lifted his face up. "Yeah, let's go." Ryan smiled softly, the tears in his eyes falling. "Don't cry, pussy." I joked and wiped his tears.

We drove to a restaurant just to get coffee and sit down. "I'm really sorry D." Ryan looked down again. "For what Ryan? I'm over it. It's fine." I lifted his head up. "I still like you." Ryan looked right at me. "Ryan.." I didn't know what to do. I still had feelings for him. But I wasn't willing to rush into a relationship. "It's fine if you don't feel like that anymore. I'll move on I will." Ryan got nervous. "No Ryan. I feel the same. I just don't want to rush this okay?" I looked at him, grabbing his hand "I like you do much, that I don't want to rush it." "Ok we won't, let's just go slow." Ryan smiled. "If you want to of course." He started laughing. "Of course I want to weird ass" I nudged him. "Wanna go to my house, I don't want to go to school." I asked Ryan. "Yeah why not?" We drove to my house and went in. We simply talked the rest of the night, he stayed over, he slept in my bed, but we didn't do anything sexual, we didn't even kiss. We just cuddled. It felt nice. To have Ryan around. I love having him around again.