chapter 2

cruel summer

"𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!" I said sitting on the armrest of the couch in Leia's basement

"𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!" I said sitting on the armrest of the couch in Leia's basement. Gwen walks up to the couch and sat down next to me.

"Don't you love all this old furniture?" Gwen asked, taking a seat next to me while Leia sits in the middle.

"Yea, all we need are some throw pillow and a tetanus shot." Ozzie replied.

"Mrs. Forman, your home is so warm and inviting," Jay says to kitty putting his hand on her arm " I mean, I can't wait to spend all summer inside of it." he gives a smile.

"Jay, come on really?" I groaned slapping his arm he looks at me, and let go of kitty's arm.

"Anyway... now if you kids get bored, I found some old records and games of your dad's," Kitty says putting the box on the table. "And a few magazines that I don't think he wanted me to see, but I got rid of them. They were all redheads!" she laughs "He sure has a type!" She walks away.

We all start digging through the box. "Woah, this must be from a Nintendo zero," Nate said looking at the Nintendo.

"Let me see!" I said grabbing it from his hand and looking at it while Jay is behind me watching what I was doing.

"No way." Gwen yelled and looks at Leia "Your grandma just hooked us up!" we all start looking at each other and cheered.

"Totally." Leia says while smiling but her smile drops "What is it?" she asks. "Best summer ever!" Gwen said.

"So what's the deal? Are we doing this or not?" Jay asked looking inside the brown bag that has the weed in it. I looked at Leia to see her standing in her basement debating if she wants to do Drugs.

"I don't know, I'm literally wearing this." she shows her shirt that says "D.A.R.E TO KEEP KIDS OFF DRUGS."

"They're daring us to do it." I said to the girl with a nod.

"Yeah, they didn't think that messaging through." Leia says crossing her arm. Nate comes running in "Bro, does this count as a lighter" He asked Jay. "Uh, yeah." Jay nods.

"Guys, we learned about this in health class." Leia sighed "I think we should just say-"

" Leia sighed "I think we should just say-"