chapter 1

new girl

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 is one of the best times of the year

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 is one of the best times of the year. I love everything about it, beach days and movie nights with my friends are the only things I'm looking forward to, mostly because I can hang out with Jay more.

"Gwen, can you shut up for one second" I muttered with my hand in my hair tired from the fact that Gwen is singing loudly while I'm trying to do homework.

"It's summer Violet stop doing homework and have fun!" She says and continues singing. As I'm trying to do homework I looked up to see a blonde-haired girl looking through the window with a smile on her face when she sees that she got caught she ducks down.

I look at Gwen, she stops her music and walks up to her window, and slid it open. I got up from the bed and stood next to Gwen.

"Hello." the random girl said with a small smile.

"What are you doing, creeper?" Gwen asked.

"Nothing weird! I was just standing outside your window and watching you sing and wondering what it would be like to... be you." The blonde girl said.

I looked at Gwen and she looked at me with a confused face.

The girl noticed and said "I'll go now." as she was about to leave she comes back "unless you want to hear a cool bootleg I got in Chicago."

"Tell me about it!" I said, honestly that sounds pretty cool.

"Yeah, it's, Uh, pretty major. Big-time bootleg. The booties of legs." She says.

"Just go get it." Gwen said.

"On it. Please be here when I get back." the girl says desperately to us and leaves. Gwen looks at me and I laughed.

"So this was your mom's old room, and your dad lived next door?" Gwen asked

"So this was your mom's old room, and your dad lived next door?" Gwen asked. we later find out that the blonde hair girl's name is Leia.

"I bet they boned in here all the time," I said sitting on the spot of the bed where I was before doing homework and looking at the paper that is in front of me.