Chapter 3

~Two Days Later~

Maka strolled around Death City thinking about the past two days. Yesterday Liz, Patty, and Kid left for a mission over somewhere in Africa and BlackStar and Tsubaki were up in Canada on a "special" task, but from what Soul had said, it didn't sound all that special. Soul was having a movie marathon and Maka had nothing better to do than try and relax as Lord Death put it.

There had been nothing found about red dots that were dangerous but Maka still doubted the idea of the dream not meaning something. No matter how stupid the meaning was.

There were clouds looming over the city since last night that blocked out the sun making the day much cooler. It was supposed to rain but it seemed like the clouds would just pass on their own.

Maka sighed and sat down on the edge of a nearby fountain. Relax. Relaxing isn't what we're supposed to be doing! The kishin is on the loose and then there's my crazy-ass dream to think about! Maka looked up to the sky as a light drizzle started to fall upon the city. It was even darker now as more clouds started to move closer.

Darkness.

Maka tensed as she heard the word being spoken in her mind and all at once her dream came back to her. The dots. The darkness. The eeriness and danger of it all came back. And at that point Maka started running. She had to see Lord Death before it was too late.

What started out as a drizzle was now a downpour, but Maka kept running. She felt as though her life would end if she stopped.

Darkness, the voice in her head said again. She rounded a corner and knew there was only a half a mile standing between her and Lord Death, but Maka slipped in a puddle at the steps of the DWMA.

Nothing but a red dot... And another...

Maka's head shot up and to her own eyes, saw what was just like her dream. Red dots. At least 50 of them. 50 red spiders all crawling up the DWMA's steps. Maka slowly rose from the ground, clothes soaked and followed the spiders to their destination.

No.

As Maka made it up the steps she started to hear her father and Professor Stein. At the entrance to the school the pair was doing their best to fend off the spiders. Maka ran up to her father and grabbed his arms and looked up at him, "Where's Lord Death? Tell me NOW!"

Spirit looked down at his daughter and his face went pale. Maka looked like she just came out of a nightmare due to her falling down and the urgency and harshness in her voice which was just downright scary.

Maka's grip strengthened as her father spoke, tears starting to form as her life crashed before her very eyes, "He's is the nurses' office."

"And he's watching over Kid."

A/n: Took me awhile to make this part for some reason. Hope you guys are liking the story so far! Some questions will be answered in the next chapter! Bye~