Chapter 2

"42-42-564, whenever you wanna knock on death's door. Hello? Lord Death? Do you have a minute?" Maka looked into the girl's bathroom mirror and waited for an answer.

"Hello. Hello! Wasup!" Lord Death replied in his cheery voice. Sometimes just hearing Lord Death's voice could cheer someone up.

"Hi Lord Death! I was wanting to uh... talk to you... about something that's bothering me," Maka looked away from the mirror, trying not to think about the awful dream.

"Yeah, yeah. I can see something's bothering you," Lord Death leaned closer to the mirror and spoke again, "If you want Maka, you can come and talk to me in private."

Maka looked up to see Lord Death's mask. Maka had once tried to sense his soul but found nothing. What could be under that mask? Maka shook the thought away and smiled at him.

"Yeah, thanks Lord Death. I'll be over in a minute or two."

"Good! I'll be waiting. See ya~" Lord Death held up a peace sign and the line ended.

Well, Maka thought, It's now or never!

********

Maka sipped some of her tea before setting the cup down on the small table. She arrived to find Lord Death had a table set with tea and cookies. A different combination, but it worked.

"These cookies are really good!!" Spirit said as he took a bite of a cookie from the table. He insisted on sitting in on the conversation because his baby girl was troubled.

"Yeah they are good but that's not wh-"

"Who made these Lord Death? I NEED to know," Spirit interrupted and soon got a reaper chop in his face.

"Your daughter comes with a problem and you want to know who made the COOKIES!?"

"It's okay. We all know he can't stay on topic, especially when there's women around," Maka sighed and looked from her father and back to Lord Death, "but I do want to know who made the cookies, they seem fresh."

Lord Death picked up a cookie in his over-sized hand, "Yes, Kiddo made them yesterday for Patty and gave me some."

"Kid made these? I didn't know Kid cooked?"

"He did! My son is a chef in the kitchen, but he just doesn't tell anyone."

Maka looked at Lord Death in astonishment. Who would've thought the the grim reaper's son was a good cook.

"It seems we've steered a bit off topic, Maka, you said something was on your mind,no?"

"Well yeah.. There's this dream I had last night. It really freaked me out and I think.. well I think it's some kind of warning, but I could be wrong."

"Hmm. A warning you say? Do you know what the warning might be... well warning us about?" Lord Death stroked an invisible beard.

"Well I do know something.It has to do with these.. these red dots and they were moving to something, or someone and they're, they're dangerous, I just know it!" Maka looked up tears threatening to fall.

Lord Death and Spirit looked at her with concern and curiosity. Lord Death sprung up from the table and looked to Spirit, "Well if you're sure these red dots are dangerous, then I'll have some of the teachers look into it, in the meantime Maka, just try to relax! Have some fun! Okay, Okay!"

But it's not that easy relaxing, Maka thought, when you know something's wrong.

A/N- Guess who's an amazing cook!! I would think Kid would be a decent cook (despite his OCD) because he pretty much lives alone with Liz and Patty unless they cook. But.. yeah~