Chapter 17: The Engagement

Start from the beginning

Shourya couldn't stop looking at the beauty as she ever so slowly made her way towards him. He was too awe-struck to even care about the fact that he was basically ogling. Once Meera got to the stage, Suraj pulled her into a side hug and whispered reassuring words into her ears, Muskaan gave her sister a huge hug before stepping out of the way.

SHOURYA'S OUTFIT INSPO -

Shourya extended his hand towards her; she gently placed her hand into his as he helped her up. Once they were up, he guided her to their seats where he even helped set her lehenga.

"People are watching," Meera whispered as she watched him bend down onto one knee to fix the ends of her skirt. He looked up at her wide doe eyes, "I don't want you to trip when you get up."

Meera watched as the videographers and photographers captured the moment, she could even see Riya and Muskaan peering into Aarav's phone as he records. When Shourya sits next to her, he softly whispers "It's okay, relax."

Raj calls over the panditji to do his job as they gather for the shagun. The pandit blesses the couple, before asking for the rings. Meera's hands start to sweat as her mother passes her the ring, too shy to even look at Shourya so she just simply fiddles with the ring waiting for him to do something. Her actions cause some giggles.

"Shourya beta, Iska kuch nahi ho sakta, tum hi aapna haath upar kr lo."

(Shourya, nothing is going to change her, you just raise your hand.)

Shourya raises his hand up, she grabs hold of just his finger and slides the gold band onto his finger. A laugh rumbles from his chest at her.

"Yeh lo beta, Meera ko pehna do."

(Here son, make Meera wear it.)

Shourya grabs the ring and the matching diamond band he got her together, gently grabs her hand and slides the ring onto her finger. He gives her hand a squeeze before letting go. He didn't want to let go of her hand. Her hand fit too perfectly into his.

She looks down at her finger avoiding her now fiancé's gaze, as Shourya looks at his fiancée lovingly. Snap. The perfect shot.

"Bhai bas karein, kitna dekhenge Bhabhi ko," Riya teases as she puts her phone away, "Chalo chalo, saab ek badi si family photo khichlein."

(Brother stop it now, how much are you going to look at bhabhi.)

(Come let's take a big family picture.)

The Rao's and Singhania's took a big family photo before Shourya's friends make their way over to tease "Mr I'm never going to get married."