Home, Sweet Ughh

Chishiya's POV

  After what felt like months but was really mere days, I'm finally back in my tiny one bedroom apartment. This box I live in is everything I want. I don't believe I've ever missed my house this much. The bed I slept on in the hospital was terribly uncomfortable. The food was bad too, but I had already expected that. Maybe I should start a petition to upgrade the quality of hospital beds. Patients that lay in those things for months must be in even more agony. If that were me, I might just request assisted suicide. That is all in the past, though.

  The moment I enter my bedroom, Sato lifts his head from my comforter. His speckled fur is matted after all this time without being brushed. I would have had Giang do it when he came to check on her, but Sato doesn't like strangers. Now that I'm thinking about it, she was probably rather bothered by a stranger in the house at all. She's spent a week without me, and the first face she saw since the comet strike was that of a stranger. How unfortunate for the anxiety ridden feline. But I'm here now.

  I sit upon the edge of my comfortable bed and hover my hand above Sato's head. She nudges her furry head into my palm, and I take it as permission to pet her. I find it interesting that Sato holds such a resemblance to myself. Not only in physical appearance, referring to her white and grey fur and brown eyes. Also, in personality and mannerisms. And Sato has acted this way since I found her, so it isn't a case of entourage adaption or mimicry. Our similarities are purely coincidental.

  While drowning in my thoughts, I feel my pocket vibrate vigorously. I lazily pull out the disruptive device while still keeping my gaze on the pile of fur before me. When I unlock my phone, I see that I got a text from an unknown number. Well, I should probably open it even though I'm almost positive that it's just spam. A~and it's a link to a porn website. I don't believe I've ever gotten spam like this. As I'm swiping to delete the number, another message pops up.

Unknown:
Hey, I know you live near me. So, if you're interested, just click the link above to become a member. Once you're a member, you can come on over, and we can watch movies.😏
11:02 am

  I'm confused. I've heard of spam messages like these, but the text doesn't seem generated. Whatever. I'm going to delete the number anyway. And so I do. I hope that's the end of it all.

  I put my phone on my matress, but immediately after, it vibrates again. The sound makes Sato's ears perk up while the rest of her body maintains it's relaxed position. I open my phone again and find another message from the same number. This is out of the ordinary. When I actually open the message, I understand.

Unknown:
hey did you fall for my little joke?bet you did
11:03 am

  There is only one person who could be texting me right now. I'd be irritated by this discovery if I wasn't expecting it. Niragi is so persistent.

You:
No, I didn't. Why were you so insistent on having my number? Do you really expect me to talk with you?
11:04 am

Unknown:
ew why do you type like that?! you type like giang
11:06 am

You:
I'm typing correctly. While you have my number, are you just going to annoy me with random nonsense?
11:07 am

Unknown:
yes but i also want your number just in case
11:09 am

You:
In case of what?
11:10 am

Unknown:
yknow in case i need your assistance or smth
11:11 am

You:
And by assistance, you mean money loaning.
11:12 am

Unknown:
no
11:14 am