I Can't Stand Him

Niragi's POV

  I'm in the downstairs lobby of the hospital with Chishiya. We are getting my new phone from the main desk. Chishiya is already ready to leave the hospital after we pick up my package. He's lucky; I'm sure he has some sort of life outside of here. To be honest, I think I'm a little disappointed that the blond is leaving. Even after what he did to me yesterday. I'd be lying if said I didn't find the assault on my midsection hot. I wouldn't let Chishiya know that, though. He'd think I'm a fucking freak. Which, y'know, isn't wrong.

  "Niragi." The blond calls to me. I must have zoned out.

  The shorter hands me the box containing my brand new phone. God, I'm so lucky. Maybe I should get Chishiya's phone number before he leaves. Having a wealthy friend to mooch off of would help me out a lot. No more scavenging for good weed deals.

  "Ah, thank you... Hey, Chishiya. Let me give you my phone number. Just in case you get lonely in your friendless life or if you wanna take me up on my offer from yesterday." I wink at the shorter, and he doesn't react.

  "I can promise you now that neither of those things would happen, and you'd be the last person I'd call if they did." He says with a sneer, and I scoff.

  "Oh, so Hiko and Giang can have your number, but I can't? Judgmental fuck." I say the last part under my breathe.

  "If you're so desperate, I'm sure that a club will open soon. You can find someone in there to waste your time with." The audacity.

  "Listen to me, you little shit." I grab the blond by the collar. "I can get any girl I want any time I want." I growl is Chishiya's face.

  "How unfortunate for any woman you take a liking to. I know I wouldn't want to be under you for any period of time." I grunt, racking my brain for a good comeback.

  "Please, you're just jealous that I actually have friends and get bitches. While you just stuff your mouth with garbage all day." That wasn't too bad.

  "That's fair, Niragi. But I must say, I actually do have responsibilities during the day. It can get pretty busy being a doctor." The blond states calmly and then turns his back to me, leaving me in his dust.

  The glass doors open for his figure, and within seconds, Chishiya is out of sight. On a more pressing note, Chishiya is a doctor?! I shouldn't be so surprised; it just makes sense. He's so cold and analytical, and he has no social skills. The blond definitely fits the role. It sucks because I know he thinks he's better than me. How embarrassing. Just another ego booster for the privileged man. Not only is Chishiya wealthy and has a stable job but is also intelligent and attractive. I can't let this get to my head. I don't need another pretentious asshole making me question my self-esteem. That's all behind me. Still, it's a shame Chishiya won't give me a chance. He'd be worth bragging about. Whatever, there are plenty of other people on this earth. Albeit low quality.

  Wait, there is still another way I can get the blond's phone number. Don't know why it only now dawned upon me. First, I need to set up my new phone.

  I walk to the elevator and take it back up to my room. When I open the door to my room, it feels quieter than usual; emptier. Oh, right, Chishiya is gone. And he's never coming back. No matter, I still have a plan. I unbox my phone as I seat myself on the guest chair beside the bed. Wait, now I can sleep in whichever bed I want. At least until I get a new roommate. If I get a new one.

  After almost an hour of setting up my new phone, it's almost the exact same as my previous phone. It feels so much bigger in my hand, though. Ahem, that's what she said. The first person I call is Hiko. For one reason and one reason only. The line rings, but he picks up quickly.

  "Niragi? Did you get a new phone?" Hiko asks in obvious confusion. Idiot.

  "Give me Chishiya's phone number." I demand bluntly, and the line goes silent.

  "What?" Is all I get in response.

  "Don't waste my time. Give that shit's fucking phone number." Hiko's scoff is faint from this side of the phone but I still hear it.

  "Why do you want it so badly?" I sigh and drag my hand over my face.

  "Nothing can ever be easy with you, huh?" I accuse. I hear a banging sound and then soft clattering.

  "Do you we really have to go into this, Nagi?" The baritone voice asks passive-aggressively.

  "Don't you fucking 'Nagi' me. You always act as if I'm the problem." Hiko let's out a shit-eating chuckle.

  "Well, you are the one that started this argument. And you still haven't ended it because you just always have to be right." I scowl at the toxic words leaving the other man's mouth. If only he could see my face.

  "Just shut up and tell me the goddamn number!" I snap, and Hiko sighs.

  "Hm, can't even finish your own fight." I'm tired of this already.

  "You're the one who told me to break off the argument!" I yell loudly into my phone. Everyone in this hall be damned.

  "Why doesn't Chishiya just give it to you?" And he continues on.

  "Ugh! Chishiya already left this morning, and he didn't want to give me his number! Happy? Now tell me the number, fuck-face!" I hear Hiko laugh again. His laugh is so low.

  "Well, if Chishiya purposely didn't give you his number then, don't you think I should respect his decision and not give you the number?" Akihiko just lo~oves to rile me up.

  "Oh, don't act like you're so  gracious. I swear if you don't give me the number right now, I'm gonna fucking pulverize you!" I yell again, letting my filter evaporate into air.

  "While I'm at it, we should find a psych ward for you." The taller man comments, acting like he's clever.

  "What the fuck is wrong with you!? Is this some joke to you?! Do you think I'm not being serious?!" Hiko laughs again.

  "Dude, calm down! I don't get why you're being so persistent anyway. It's not like you actually like Shuntaro." And then he mumbles something under his breath.

  "What was that? I couldn't hear you." I say, pissed off.

  "I said you're probably just gonna use him as a fuck doll." I stand up. "You should let me take him off your hands. Y'know, since I'm into real relationships." As those filthy, deceiving words leave Hiko's mouth, I toss my phone on the bed and repeatedly kick the bed frame.

  That piece of shit has no idea what he's talking about! He's a fucking hypocrite who's always trying to make me seem like the bad guy! I can't stand his condescending mouth! I try to calm down, but when I pick my phone up, all I hear is hysterical laughing on the other side. I quickly hang up.

  I don't need that cock-sucker anyway! He can get fucked for all I care! I can still call Giang. I know he'll give me what I want without any hassle. He better if he knows what's good for him.

-

1275 words