Visitors

Chishiya's POV

  I had a strange dream last night. I was in an unfamiliar home. I think it was an apartment judging by the layout. I was walking up the stairs, and someone was holding my hand. I couldn't see their face, but they had black hair that stopped at their shoulder. I don't remember much after that except sitting at a desk that wasn't mine. I find it odd that I couldn't recognize the home. My brain isn't able to generate new images like that. I must have been there at some point in my life.

  Oh well; it was just a dream. I'm actually drawing what I saw right now in my hospital bed. I had asked the nurse for a note pad and pencil, and I received. I'm not a very good artist, but I thought it might help me further remember my dream. Right now, I'm working on the stair rail. It was metal painted black. And the stairs were carpeted. The hand that held mine was dirty and dainty. My hands were dirty, too. One held the stair rail, and one held the mystery entity. They felt so familiar... Maybe I'll have that dream again and get a better look at the figure.

  The door of my room opens, and unfamiliar faces enter. Four to be exact. They must be here for Niragi, seeing as they aren't employees.

  "Hey~, Ragi! Look who arrived." A loud brunette says. He doesn't look any taller than me. Maybe by an inch or two.

  "Oh great. You fuckers are here to give me even more of a headache." The ravenette whines in a joking matter.

  So these are Niragi's friends. Let's hope they are more pleasant than the former. I might have to leave the room if they become a nuisance.

  "Hey, Nagi. How are ya feelin'?" The tallest of the four asks.

  "I feel like shit, but what's new?" Niragi asks rhetorically.

  The man with green streaked hair flops onto the foot of Suguru's bed, and the latter winces. This bunch is gonna get kicked out in no time.

  "That's a bummer. But I doubt you feel as bad as you look." The green haired man laughs at his own joke." Kidding, kidding. You still look like a snack." Wow, such friendship.

  "Haha, I wish that was true, Maki. I haven't seen the fucking sun in like two days." The ravenette curses. Another guy sits in the chair next to the bed.

  "Well, since you've been so mopey in your hospital bed, we took the liberty of doing something special for ya." The man in the chair begins. How intriguing. The tallest holds up his phone, and the ravenette gasps.

  "You guys are fucking psychos. How in the hell did you afford five tickets to a Caddle Decap concert?"

  "Maki asked his sister." The tallest responds.

  "Which one?" I'm actually finding this conversation entertaining.

  Anything is entertaining when you're stuck in a hospital bed. I've learned that from my many patients in the past. Sometimes, the younger patients would ask for toothpicks from the cafeteria and floss from the private restrooms to make wooden figures.

  "The hot one." Say the shortest bluntly. Hm.

  "Fuck off, man. I already ratted you out to Hana for jacking off to her Instagram posts." Oh?

  "You're such an incel, Kenji chan." Says the man with buzzed hair sitting beside the bed.

  "Ugh, if you're so offended by it, then tell Hana to stop posting close-ups of her thighs. You all act like you've never gotten off to someone's picture. You're all incels!" Kenji shouts, and the green haired man, Maki, laughs at his indecent comment.

  "Ahem, no, Ragi's not an incel. He actually gets bitches; hella bitches." Niragi grunts angrily.

  "Can we pan away from my sex life? There's another person in the room." The ravenette says quietly and then points to me. I flit my eyes away.