Meet Again

After handling business with Mao Xueqin, Tang Shushui made her way back to the carriage to go home. On the way to the house, she saw a little boy huddled up in the corner crying. At first glance, he knew that the boy looked familiar but after looking closer he realized that it was Feng Hu. He hadn't seen this child in quite a while, so seeing him looking so desolate in this place immediately made Tang Shushui worry, so he hurried to him.

"Sweetie, what are you doing in a place like this?" Tang Shushui asked in a gentle voice, making Feng Hu look up.

"Auntie!" It was as if these words were his last straw and he just burst into tears. He had seen Feng Hu cry before but this time his crying was even more sorrowful.

"Oh baby, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Tang Shushui inquired gently as he picked up the sobbing Feng Hu and tried to calm him down. Feng Hu of course couldn't calm done and was just sobbing the whole time. He cried and cried until his voice was hoarse. By the time he finally calmed down and finished crying, Tang Shushui had already taken him to his house.

"Auntie Fu, please get a cup of warm honeyed water," Tang Shushui instructed Auntie Fu.

"Yes, madam," Auntie Fu responded as she made her way to the kitchen. After a while, she came back with a cup of warm honeyed water. 

"Here's the honeyed water you asked for madam," Auntie Fu said as she gave Tang Shushui the cup.

"Thank you," Tang Shushui said as she took the cup from Aunti Fu. "Here drink this, it's going to help with your throat," Tang Shushui told Feng Hu as she handed the cup to him.

"Thank you," Feng Hu managed to croak out, as he took the cup from Tang Shushui.

"Now can you tell me what's wrong? Why were you crying like that?" Tang Shushui asked worriedly.

"Well, it's nothing serious really. My father is getting married, to the woman who's suspected to have murdered my mother. My mother was very love crazy and used me as a tool most of the time but I knew that she was trying to change. It was just that she was already at a place where there was no return. Sometimes she would come to my room and hug me and kiss me and tell me how sorry she was, but the next day she would go back to normal. I don't know if her obsession made her crazy and she would be sane sometime for a while, or if there was something bigger than that. But one thing I knew was that my mother did not hate me, but I hated her, or so I thought. Now seeing the woman that most likely killed my mother take her place makes me angry, but what made me cry was the fact that I can't do anything about it," Feng Hu explained. 

Tang Shushui was taken aback. He knew that Feng Hu's father was cold and distant but to be this stone-hearted towards your own son was just inexplicable. Feng Hu had talked about his mother to him before but he just talked about how his mother only loved his father hearing him explain more in-depth, he realized that Feng Hu's mother might have had psychological issues stemming from the abuse she received from her maternal family. But even the basics of medicine are backward here, so to even talking about psychology was a major difficulty. So many people thought that she was just crazy. 

"I can't say that I can really help you in this situation, but the best advice I can give you is to endure. When you're weaker than your opponent you need to endure and make moves only on the low until you're sure and confident enough to come out and completely crush them." Tang Shushui advised as he slowly stroke Feng Hu's hair. He did not notice the fact that he was letting out his murderous aura nor that fact that Aunti Fu was already on the floor with weak knees, and was trying to crawl to the kitchen to seek safety.

"I will auntie, but I have a favor to ask you," Feng said as he looked up at Tang Shushui with a smile on his face, seemingly unaffected by the murderous aura Tang Shushui was letting out. 

"What is it, baby?" Tang Shushui asked gently.

"My dad will be going back to the capital and will be leaving me alone with that woman, so can I please come to stay with you during the day?" Feng Hu asked.

"Of course, I'm your tutor after all. You can come to stay with me during the day, and I'll have someone personally bring you back or I will." Tang Shushui responded.

"Thank you, Auntie!" Feng Hu said as he smiled.

"My pleasure." Tang Shushui responded as he planted a kiss on Feng Hu's head.

After a while, the kids came home and met Feng Hu. They liked Feng Hu and immediately became friends with him. After they did their homework, they spent the entire afternoon playing with the kids. While the kids were playing Tang Shushui went to cook. He decided to cook pork noodles with stir-fried veggies. Feng Hu had only eaten the food that Tang Shushui had sold in the stall, so he ate the food with relish.

Hellorrrrrrr, so my lovelies I have horrible news. So when I started writing BL my dad was not here but now he came back from Canada and he's staying in the U.S. for good now. So that means my schedule will have many interruptions now, as my dad is not the biggest BL fan and I don't want him to make me delete the stories.