Bai Feng Ju

Tang Shushui didn't have a problem with the plans so he agreed. After talking a little more to the adults around, he made his way to the building that would soon be his boutique. He had been working to open this boutique for about three months now. He had already designed most of the dresses that would be sold as luxury dresses, he then gave designs to the seamstresses that he hired and had them mass-produce dresses that would be sold as everyday dresses in the boutique. His boutique was almost ready so he had to go and check on it and ensure everything was going well.

"Welcome boss!" The employees knew about his visit in advance, so they all came out to welcome him. Like his restaurant, most employees hired were poor but talented young people. But unlike his restaurant the workers at the boutiques, all wore hanfus and not skirts, while the men wore pants and dress shirts looking very modern. The women and ger also wore make-up and looked beautiful. 

"Hello everybody, where's manager Ren De?" Tang Shushui asked as he looked around.

"He was here a moment ago, but his daughter was crying so he went to calm her down," An employee responded.

"I'm sorry for being late boss!" A ger with sweat on his forehead came in running as he apologized. 

"It's fine Ren De, how's working here?" Tang Shushui asked.

"It's wonderful, thank you for giving me this opportunity boss," Ren De answered as he bowed. He was just a single mother who was struggling, but Tang Shushui saw his talent in accounting and styling, so he made him the manager of this store. At first, he was hesitant since he was just a divorced single mother, with a sick daughter. His ex-husband's family had made him go through many waves of abuse, and he was unwilling to let his daughter be raised in an environment like that so he spent his entire life's savings to have a happy divorce with his family, hence making him poor. So he decided to accept the job offer, and that was honestly the best choice he made. He had a good salary and could bring his daughter to work. Nobody was impatient with him, and the boss was very understanding, what more could he ask for?

"No need to thank how about we walk around and talk about the development of the boutique?" Tang Shushui offered. 

"Yes boss," Ren De agreed as he followed Tang Shushui into the hall.

"How is the jewelry making going?" Tang Shushui asked.

"We hired twenty-five craftsmen to make the jewelry according to your design. We have mass-produced ten of your designs," Ren De reported.

"What about shoemaking?" Tang Shushui continued to ask.

"We had encountered some troubles at first but we have found some reliable shoemakers and have been able to mass-produce three types of shoes according to your designs." Ren De continued to report.

"How many shoemakers were hired?" Tang Shushui questioned.

"We found seventeen of them," Ren De responded.

"Their status?" Tang Shushui asked.

"Two of them we bought as slaves, ten of them were poor talented youth and the final five were middle-class talents." Ren De answered.

"Okay, that's good. Are you prepared for our grand opening in the next few days?" Tang Shushui inquired as he looked directly at Ren De.

"Yes, boss." Ren De responded firmly to Tang Shushui.

"Okay, then I have nothing to worry about. I will be going back home then," Tang Shushui said as he bid farewell and started making his way out.

"Have a safe trip boss," Ren De wished as he bid farewell to his boss.

Tang Shushui had nothing to do since he was pregnant hence he was always bored, so before going home he made his way to the restaurant and made a new dessert menu which consisted of tarts, macaroons, and a strawberry roll cake. And since these were delicate deserts he made some adjustments to how they looked so they looked cuter. After he finished he was about to go home when a beautiful and what seemed like a noble lady walked up to him. After taking a closer look at the lady Tang Shushui realized that she knew him.

"Lady Bai Feng Ju?" Tang Shushui asked his voice doubtful.

"You still remember after such a long time?" Bai Feng Ju asked surprised. She had only come to the restaurant once and it was on the opening day.

"Pretty faces are hard to forget you know?" Tang Shushui responded in a playful voice. 

"Ai you!" Bai Feng Ju responded embarrassed by the comment.

"Does Ms. Bai need anything? I haven't seen you for so long did something happen?" Tang Shushui finally asked seriously.

"Ah yes, when we met my husband was an assistant general but after that day when I ate at your restaurant, the emperor summoned my husband to the palace and gave him a mission my husband succeeded and was then promoted to general. I was so busy in the capital that I barely had time to come back but I finally got a break and came back to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She's turning eight and I was wondering if you were interested in hosting her birthday celebration in your restaurant?" Bai Feng Ju explained.

"Sure, I don't mind," Tang Shushui responded politely.

"Could you tell me the price please?" Bai Feng Ju inquired.

"It depends, if you want a Dandelion venue-level birthday celebration, you can invite about ten kids, you will be five drinks and food, and your space will be decorated, and all of that will be for a tael and two hundred wens, with no cake included. If you have Lily venue level birthday celebration, you will be able to have two booths which are both decorated, you will be able to have ten to sixteen kids, and part high-end food and drinks will be included while the cake is excluded, all for three taels. And for a Rose venue-level celebration, you will have a private room, high-end food is included, entertainment is included, decoration is included, you will be able to bring twenty to thirty children, and the cake is also excluded. All for ten taels." Tang Shushui explained.

Question Of The Day.

Your least favorite food?