Comfort

Because of the noise, the young man was making, a lot of passersby were attracted by the stall and especially the aroma that emitting from the broth that was uncovered. 

"Child how much for a bowl of fishballs," A man in yamen clothes asked, even though he looked gentle the people who wanted to get the fishball dispersed almost immediately and went to the back of the line, he tried to say it was ok but the people refused, so he could only buy before them.

"The bowl of fishballs cost 50 copper coins without broth, 57 copper coins, or 62 copper coins with broth and depending on which," I said politely with a smile.

"Umm, well my wife is pregnant and has been craving for some fish lately, but I don't want to give it to her because of bones, but I heard the little boy said that the fishballs were boneless so I want to buy some, but which broth would be good for pregnant women?" He asked cluelessly while scratching his head.

"Well both broths are ok, but I would recommend the sweet and sour broth since it's milder and safer for pregnant women," I said informatively.

"Ok, give me the sweet and sour broth for my wife and give me the one with the strong taste, what is called again?" He asked sheepishly

"Spicy," I said as I let out a chuckle.

After the little chitchat I gave him what he ordered, after that, we said our farewells, But as soon as he was gone we were again flooded with customers. It started to be difficult for me to serve alone so Haohao had to jump in. I made the right choice when I bought this stall for 6 silvers because where it's situated are where people can afford to buy a bowl of a fishballl for 50 copper coins, but I will have to bring some cheap things in the business if want to make more money.

After selling for about an hour we were almost done, and I've made 3 silvers and 801 copper coins, yes I didn't make as much money I spent to buy the stall but that's how business is. There's the capital, the deficit, and the profit., and for my profit to be half of my deficit the first day is already a feat.

"I don't want to go home, I want to eat there all my friends said the fishballs are delicious so I want to taste too." I heard a kid's voice yell, and I turned around to see a cute chubby toddler throwing a tantrum to whom looks likes his maid.

"Young master, you cannot eat that food, they are not worthy enough to be eaten by you," the maid cried desperately, but I didn't have an ounce of pity for her after I heard her insult my food like that.

"Do you get to tell me what to do?! Just because they gave you the position as a nanny you think you can force me to study and make me eat salad?! You think by doing that you can get my dad's favor! Are you not ashamed of yourself to force me to do things just so you could get my father's attention? You witch!" The child screamed as he fights back to hold the tears in his eyes.

The nanny looked hurt by those words, but I didn't care because at one glance I could tell whose torn the most by these words between the nanny and the child. The child ran towards the stall and said "You! Give me fishballs!" After he said that he looked regretful, and after a little observing I immediately knew he lacked love and warmth at home. People might say that doesn't justify him being rude but he's not being rude, he just has poor communication skills as a child that's rare, which means in his house he doesn't do that a lot.

'Hey, Luke?' I called the system In my mind.

'Yes master,' He responded dryly

'Can you give me a lollipop?' I asked him

'Sure.' He responded.

 A few moments later a pink lollipop appeared in my hands and I looked at the kid gently.

                                                Feng Hu Pov

Even though I am only five years old I was forced to mature early on, my mother loved my father to the point of obsession and I was her perfect tool to gain my father's love, but unfortunately, my father was rather a cold and unfeeling man, so even after my mother passed away he didn't she a single tear, but I can't lie neither did I.

Because of my father's status many maids continues to approach me and take care of me and at first I was overjoyed, but that lasted shortly after I found out their real purpose for approaching me, they didn't want me but my father, and they wanted to use me to get my father. And after my dad left for a trip he came back with this current nanny, and she acted as if she loves me, and as if she wants me, but she keeps hurting me if she really loved me why would she hurt me? I was 5 when I learned that family can be the people the least close to you.

But the look the Ger gave me contained only warmth, devoid of any sort of calculations, only pure warmth.

"Hey kid come here." He said I wanted to say that I'm not a kid and I have a name but I couldn't bring myself to, the words were stuck in my throat.

"What's your name?" he asked as if he read my mind.

"F- Feng Hu." Did I just stutter?

"Hmmm, Feng Hu is a very handsome name, but you're a child, so you should have a cute nickname." He said and I was confused, a cute nickname? "How about Huohuo? Your alive and well so I will call you Huohuo," He continued and then moved forward to carry me, as he lifted me up to the ground I could hear my nanny calling her disrespectful and was advancing so he could tear us apart but I screamed for her to stop.

But the Ger seemed unbothered and as if she everything and anything, as if she knew me for a long time, as is she cares about me and said "Look Huohuo You're a child, and as a child, you deserved to be loved and cherished if not by your parents then by somebody else because you as a child was never asked to be born, you were just simply born, and that is not a sin, and if you crave for love that is also not a sin because as a child you need protection, love, warmth, and someone to guide you. So don't ever feel guilty for craving for love or affection because the is a basic need for humans. So be a little selfish alright" He said smiling as he handed me a little pink ball on a white stick.

Ah, I was crying? When did these tears come out? surrounding and suffusing all, warmth, compassion, and understanding floated in the air, yes he was a child, and being born was not a sin, but a blessing, he thought as he ate the candy given to him.

"Thank you," I finally managed to get out after I bawled my eyes out on the ger's shoulders.

"You're welcome, and can you visit whenever you want, I can also help you with your homework, because that may be used as an excuse for you not to visit,"  He said I threw the nanny sharp dagger yes.

Meanwhile.....

"Oh someone said these things to my son, and my cold faced son even cried," A man asked in curiosity,

"Yes, and at the very end, he said he could help the young master with homework and glared at nanny Su." the other party reported.

"Interesting, very interesting," said the seated man with a curious look.

Here's an update as thank you for all the support I've received, thank you.💖💖💖💖💖💖😭😭😭