・❥・𝟎𝟗

Reuniting With an Old Friend

"..Are you finally done yet?! We've already spent over 150,000 yen!" I yelled at Ranpo, him just speed walking a bit faster ahead of me in response. I was currently carrying around 12 bags filled to the brim with junk food from various places.

"Yeah, but it's nothing to you because of your ability, right? So we can get as much as we want!" he finished with a boisterous laugh.

"Yes, but all of this is unhealthy shit and you've gotten way too much that I'm about done carrying your shit for you," I grumbled, staggering behind him and trying to catch up since he started walking away from me.

"So?" he simply replied, still walking ahead of me.

"Dickhead.." I mumbled, trying to catch up with him. While I was doing that, I ran into somebody a bit shorter than me, making me drop about 3 of the bags I was carrying.

"Sorry 'bout that.." I muttered out, going to pick up the bags I had dropped. The person who I had run into didn't move.

"I found one.."

"Hey, L/N-kun, let's go here next," Ranpo said, pointing to some pastry shop, and turning around to where Y/N would usually be, only to be met with the usual crowd of people walking throughout the city of Yokohama. 

"L/N..?"

~time skip rboutgh to you r by uhhhhhh silly kitties :)~

I awoke in a strangely familiar place by an annoying voice humming. My wrists were restrained by handcuffs on a cold wall, and Dazai was in the same position to my left.

"Hm~ Oh! You're awake, L/N-kun!" Dazai said, turning his head to look down at me. 

"..."

"No response? How mean~" He cooed, looking away and got back to humming some song that's probably about suicide.

"Why am I here exactly? I understand why you're here, but I wasn't even that important of a figure to the Port Mafia, so that doesn't make much sense."

"Don't say that, L/N-kun~!"

"Whatever, I'm leaving," I said, activating my ability and breaking free of the handcuffs. They really had tightened them a lot, there were visible bruises on my wrists. So, how should I escape? Just going through the tunnel or whatever like normal would cause unwanted attention, and the guards would be annoying to deal with. I could just make an illusion of, I don't know, Chuuya or something dragging me out and hopefully they'll buy it. I think Akutagawa might be a bit more believable, I'll try that out.

"Hey, Dazai?"

"Hmm? You are asking me a question? How rare~"

"Whatever, did anybody come down here?"

"Akutagawa did, you planning on using an illusion to get out? Are you really going to leave me behind? How cold of you!" Dazai replied, dramatically turning his head away.

"Yup, bye," I said, turning around and immediately going for the stairs. Right as I made it to the bottom of the staircase, I used my ability to make an exact replica of Chuuya. With him dragging me behind with handcuffs. I silently commanded the illusion to go forward and get me out of here, and it just complied, immediately harshly dragging me along.

"Have fun~!" Dazai called out to me. The illusion and I made it out to the top of the staircase, and were met with guards all around the corridor. 

"HEY- Oh, m-my apologies!" one of the guards yelled out, but immediately quieted down when he saw the replica of Chuuya send them a glare. We continued throughout the mafia's hideout, and just as we were about to make it out a secluded where there weren't many guards, somebody shouted out to me.

"HEY! L/N, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE," a familar voice called out.

"NAKAHARA?!" I yelled out, immediately calling off the illusion, and actually being excited for once. I turned around to see the familiar red-head looking at me. I ran straight at him and gave him a hug. 

"H-hey, get off!" he shouted basically in my ear, trying to hurl me off of him, but I only held onto him harder.

"In all honesty, the only thing I really missed from the mafia was you," I mumbled into his neck, but I'm guessing that he heard me since he froze.

"Were you going to see Dazai? Can I come back with you?"

"W-when did you become so clingy?!"

"When I saw you~"

"Ew, you're reminding me of Dazai, cut it out."

"Eugh, don't compare me to him," I said, loosening my grip on him a bit. He used this to his advantage and used his ability to get me off of him.

"Do you know how much I missed you? Put me down," I basically yelled at him, struggling to get back on the ground because he was still using his ability to keep me away from him.

"No, I'm going to go and make fun of Dazai. In all honesty, you can just leave. Since I can actually tolerate you.." he finished the last part of his sentence quietly.

"Oh why thank you," I said, going to the exit.

"It was great to see you again, Nakahara-kun!" I yelled back at him, leaving the Port Mafia's hideout. I turned and checked if there were any guards, and, to my luck, there were none. Hmm, should I head back to the Agency and tell them that Dazai was abducted by the Port Mafia? Or just head back to my apartment and do absolutely nothing and just sit in bed? The latter seems like the better option, so, I'm going with that. 

It seems like it's still day, probably a bit late in the afternoon I'd say. I could stop by a couple of stores on my way back to my apartment, maybe. I don't know how much money I have on me though. Uhh, lemme check. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. 100,000 yen. Alright, I hope that will be enough. I don't even know where I would stop by, though. I could go to the cafe under the agency, it's not that far awa-

*Purr

Hm? I looked down to see a familiar raccoon holding an envelope in its mouth nudging my leg. I squatted down, and pet the raccoon and took the envelope.

"Hey Karl," I said lowly, petting his soft fur. He just purred in response. I looked at the envelope, which had been sealed with a red wax seal with some sort of design on it. I really don't understand why Poe doesn't just text me, but, I don't mind. I like reading and receiving his letters, and seeing Karl. I extended my arm out to Karl, and he crawled up my arm, and nested around my neck. I opened the envelope, and read the letter written in neat cursive.

L/N Y/N,

Would you be willing to meet me back at the library we usually meet at to help me review the novel I am currently writing once more? It's fine if you do not wish to come, but I will be in our usual spot if you do want to.

Edgar Allan Poe

I only chuckled at the contents of the letter. I really don't understand why he has to be so formal in our letters, we've known each other for about 3 years now. Plus, he knows that every time he invites me to go out somewhere, I have always accepted. I put the note in a pocket of my hoodie and lightly nudged Karl, making him wake up and look at me.

"Come one, let's go see Poe."

a/n: I POSTED A CHAPTER YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING?? IM VERY HYPER IF YOU CAN TLELL, I THINK THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS OKAY NOT THE BEST, BUT IT'S OKAY. SEE YOU TOMOROORW MY SKURNKLIES <3

*and, yes, raccoons do purr B)

word count: 1273