・❥・𝟎𝟑

A New Start?

I gulped. His brown eyes staring back into my F/E/C ones.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I said, trying to pretend that I didn't know him. I didn't want him to talk to me. I didn't want to talk to him. I never wanted to see him again.

"Hm.. maybe not. Sorry for bothering you," he replied, taking his hand off of my shoulder, and slowly walking back to the others, who were all confused. 

"Who was that?"

"What did you say?"

"Wh-"

"DAZAI! STOP BOTHERING RANDOM PEOPLE!" Kunikida yelled at Dazai, and hit him on his head again. The blonde turned back to me, "I am so sorry about him, he's just an ass to everybody," he glared back at Dazai at the end of his sentence.

"A-ah! Okay, well, not that big of a deal. I assure you, I-I'm fine," shit, why am I stuttering?! This isn't like me at all! Am I intimidated because he's Dazai's coworker? Or because he's tall? Shit, height has nothing to do with this, Y/N!

"Would you like to sit with us? I know that you have already ordered, and paid, but I have seen you come to this cafe fairly often, and I was wondering if you wanted to get to know each other," Kunikida muttered the last part, but, of course, I heard him. Honestly, I didn't want to be around Dazai, but he looks like he changed. And, maybe I can change too.

"Oh, sure! To be completely honest, I've also wanted to talk to you guys as well," I awkwardly chuckled at the end of my sentence.

"Ah! Well, that's certainly surprising. Well, come on, you can sit next to Atsushi, we can just have a friendly chat," he said, extending his hand out to me. I looked up at him, then down to his hand. I reluctantly took his hand, and walked over to the group.

"O-oh! I'm Atsushi!" said, well, Atsushi, as he scooted over to make room for me. I simply hummed and nodded in response, let go of Kunikida's hand, and sat next to him.

"Okay! My name is Naomi, and this is my big brother Tanizaki.." she said, slowly leaning back into Tanizaki, and stroking his chest. Kunikida simply just glanced at her, and she stopped, and started apologizing again and again.

"Well.. I am Kunikida, and the bastard that called out to you was Dazai," Kunikida explained, hitting Dazai on the head again.

"Yes.. I know him," I said, getting confusing glances from everybody else, but I simply continued my sentence, "as Dazai had said when he called out to me earlier, my name is, in fact, Y/N."

"I see.." Atsushi responded, slightly suspicious of how I knew Dazai since I had supposedly just met them.

"Well, aren't you going to guess what I was before I joined the Agency, Atsushi-kun~?" Dazai cooed, and I'm glad that he changed the subject.

"Oh yeah! I forgot that we were doing that! U-um.." Atsushi said, putting his hand on his chin, looking like he was intensely thinking about it.

"Don't bother, brat. His profession is one of the seven mysteries of the Armed Detective Agency," Kunikida said, pushing up his glasses, and looking back at Atsushi.

"The first one to get it right receives a reward, right?" Tanizaki said, and Atsushi whipped his head back at him, eyes full of determination. A REWARD??!?!? Atsushi thought. Jeez, that's scary.