・❥・𝟎𝟏

The Past I Wish to Forget

TWS: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, ALCOHOLISM AND ABUSE

Y/N had a half brother, Fyodor Dostoevsky, who was [REDACTED] years older than him. They had the same mother, but different fathers. M/N had earned custody over Dostoevsky, and later met F/N. Sooner or later, L/N Y/N was born on B/D, in Yokohama, Japan. When Y/N was 16 years old, his parents had divorced since F/N was a struggling alcoholic and would sometimes come home drunk and assault M/N. M/N had, once again, won custody over another one of her children since the father was in jail. 

Despite how much she hated F/N, M/N couldn't get over the fact that her lover of 17 years had left her. She loved him oh so very much, and missed him more than anything. M/N had started drinking to drown away from her sorrows, and soon became just like F/N. She couldn't handle the fact of how much Y/N reminded her of her husband, with his H/L H/C hair and E/C2 eye. M/N, under the influence of alcohol, started beating and cutting at Y/N's face, so she couldn't recognize it anymore. 

The day after the incident, M/N woke up, completely unaware of the things that took action last night. Going to wake up her son, after seeing his face, and realizing what happened, M/N couldn't accept the fact that she had done something so horrid all because of her selfishness. She knew what she had to do. She couldn't live with herself.

On September 14th, [REDACTED], M/N had committed suicide by slitting her own throat, and drowning in her own blood. Dostoevsky was the first to see her body, surrounded in a pool of her own blood in her closet. The police were immediately called, and he went to make sure that Y/N was safe. When he went to check, he saw that Y/N was sleeping, but Dostoevsky immediately noticed all of the cuts and bruises all over his face.

He carried Y/N out of the apartment, and waited for the police to arrive. Not too long after, the police had brought both Y/N and Dostoevsky into the backseat of the police car, and rushed them to the hospital. 

After his treatment, Y/N had bandages all over his face. The most noticeable scar on the boy were the large cuts from both ends of his lips, which now had stitches.

Since M/N was now deceased, and F/N was in jail, and all other family members were unreachable, there was no way to pay for Y/N's surgery. But, Fyodor was still alive. So he was given the responsibility to find the money to pay off Y/N's medical bills. Dostoevsky had only just recently found out about his ability and how it could cause people immediate death upon touch, he knew what he had to do. He became an assassin for the underground. He started working as an assassin for rich people and started killing for a living. And since he didn't want to stay back at his apartment, where his own mother had killed herself, he had nowhere to stay. Well, that's what it was like at first. The Port Mafia had noticed Dostoevsky's abilities and offered to take him in, if he would take on some missions for them, that is. He reluctantly accepted, but did wish to keep it a secret from any others, and not tell anybody about him working for him or having an alliance with them. They were confused, but agreed nonetheless. 

Only a week after Dostoevsky had begun his new life, he was able to successfully pay for Y/N's treatment. But, it would take weeks for him to fully recover; however, he could take him back now, just change his bandages every now and then. Dostoevsky had wanted to keep Y/N close to him so he could protect him, but he didn't want to bring Y/N into the mafia life. But, he felt like he had no choice. Dostoevsky reluctantly carried Y/N into the mafia's hideout, and had begged them to let his brother stay with him. After a bit of persuasion, they decided that it wouldn't hurt, and didn't want to lose a precious employee. 

~Timeskip~

Two years later, Y/N had learned how to properly use his ability and began working alongside his brother and for the mafia. But, out of nowhere, Dostoevsky had just left all of them. Nothing on the cameras, nobody witnessed him leaving, nothing. Except, for a note. It was for Y/N.

            Y/N, I am sorry that I had to leave you. I truly am. But I mustn't return. There is something that I must do. To get rid of all ability users and create a better place. I invite you to come along beside me, but you are far too young to join something as cruel as this. If you wish to join me, there is a group that I have joined in order to help purge this world. The Decay of Angels. When you are of age, join us. We are more than welcome to have you join us. Farewell.

Y/N couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that the brother he had known for so long decided to do something so wrong, and that's coming from somebody who worked for the mafia!

Like his brother, Y/N had also decided to leave the mafia; except there was nobody for him to leave a note to, and he didn't know where to go. He wanted to cut off all of his ties from the mafia and his past of being an assassin. He wanted to start anew. Y/N went walking around the city of Yokohama, in search of some place to stay. And even though his ability allowed him to make about anything from just the shadows, it couldn't be something as large as a house, mansion or apartment. Plus, he knew that ability users were a small portion of the population---so, Y/N just decided to use his ability to make money and all of the other necessities in life.

Six years later, Y/N had just used his ability to easily get as much money as he wanted for anything and everything--his favorite part about his ability. He had rarely ever left the house, considering that he could get whatever he wanted in the comfort of his own home. But, he did enjoy visiting the cafe only a few blocks away. He lived a peaceful, content life. Until he saw a familiar face.

a/n: okay! so i am not going to have the whole story be italicized, i'm only having this stuff italicized since it's the past/flashback. the next part will be written in present tense, and the part where y/n meets some people that you might recognize ;)

also, leave feedback pretty pleassee :)

word count: 1126