・❥・𝟎𝟔

A Chapter Without Dazai

I woke up in an unfamiliar place.. oh, wait, isn't this where Atsushi was resting after we found him in the alley earlier? But, why am I in bed instead of him? Where is he? Why- WHY IS MY MASK OFF?! DAMMIT! I didn't want anybody to see my stitches. Well, whatever, I should get up and look for him. Hmm..? ... Shit. I started drinking whilst rambling on about my past again, huh? I guess that's why there's a bunch of water to sober me up. Well, I guess now I shoul-

*BANG*

Did Kunikida throw Dazai again? I don't want to deal with tha-

"What?!"

"My apologies, I forgot to make an appointment beforehand. I even forgot to knock. Please don't mind us. We'll finish our business very soon," an all too familiar voice said before multiple pairs of footsteps got louder and closer. Dammit, why are they coming after the agency, exactly? Oh yeah, because of Atsushi's whole bounty thing. Can't I just give them the money and then this shit will be over?! Well, I doubt that they'll accept it. Especially from me. Well, might as well help out a bit. I think I should cut out the lights first so it's easier for me. 

I muttered under my breath, From the Darkness I Emerge, then used my ability to control black matter through the walls, and cut all of the wires for the electricity. I think Kunikida might be pissed about the costs, but I'll cover it. I just realized, cutting the lights will do basically nothing since the windows aren't covered by the curtains. Dammit! Well, I can just use my ability, sneak around the light and pull all of the curtains down? Yeah, I'll just do that. 

"Shit, why is it all dark?!"

"Who cut the lights, dammit! This isn't the time!"

"SHIT, RETREAT! GET OUT, YOU DUMBASSES!" the old geezer yelled, his voice becoming more and more distant, along with two other pairs of footsteps getting further away.

"Awh, and I really wanted to kill him, too~ Oh well. Might as well get rid of these pests," I cooed, sinking into the wall of the room I was in, and appeared where the action was actually happening. Just to make this easier, I could make spikes and kill 'em all? Yeah, it's probably going to take less time and energy. Only a few seconds later, screams were heard and fleshy sounds of piercing through skin rang throughout the halls. 

"I think that's all of them?" I said, unsure of if I should open the curtains or not.

"You're no fun, L/N-kun~"

"Shut it, Ranpo. I just wanted this done and over as soon as possible," Just as I finished my sentence, I used my ability to open the curtains, the brightness hurting my eyes. I turned towards the frame of the door leading out to the hallway, and saw Kunikida grabbing the old bastard by his wrist, dragging him back into the room. 

"STOP IT!" a familiar voice yelled from down the hall, and Atsushi soon came running in. Right as he stepped in, Kunikida body slammed Hirotsu onto the ground. Ranpo and Yosano were chatting away, Kenji inspecting a gun, and me piling up the bodies near the window. 

"Oh, you're back," Kunikida said, looking back at Atsushi whilst still pinning Hirotsu to the ground. "WHO WOULD DISAPPEAR WITHOUT A WORD LIKE YOU?! YOU SEE WHAT A MESS YOU'VE LEFT US WITH?!" Kunikida yelled at him, pushing up his glasses with his left hand while his other broke Hirotsu's wrist, causing him to let out a blood curdling scream. "Hurry and help us tidy up!"

"Ah! Kunikida-san, what should I do with these people?" Kenji asked, pointing at the pile of bodies in front of him. "Throw them out of the window," he simply replied. You know, coming from somebody within the Armed Detective Agency, I wouldn't have expected an answer like that. But, I don't even know what to expect at this point. I didn't want to listen in on their little conversation, so I just went over to the window to help Kenji throw the bodies out. 

"Oh, thanks for the help mister! What's your name again?" Kenji beamed at me, gave me a smile and threw another body out the window. Jeez, this kid is horrifying. 

"L/N. Just call me Y/N, kid," I said, throwing Tachihara out the window, Kenji following and throwing out Gin. 

"Okay, Y/N-san! So, why did you decide to join the agency?" he asked, throwing the last body out the window. 

"Just felt like it, to be honest,"

"Ohh, I see! Well, I hope you enjoy it he-"

"Kunikida-kun, I'd better be off to do some 'Famous Detective' work," Ranpo basically shouted, getting up from his seat and jumping over the desk. "Famous Detective Work?" Oh yeah, Fukuzawa-san had mentioned something about how Ranpo was the best detective in the agency. Something about how he doesn't actually have an ability, but he had to convince him for the better, or something like that. I don't remember. I would like to see how this plays out, though. 

"..The famous detective with the best ability in the world," he continued. I guess I should have paid attention to what he was saying earlier, but, probably isn't important. "They came begging me with tears in their eyes," he finished, 'looking' down at Kunikida since he was still on the desk.

"Take this guy with you," Kunikida simply responded, pointing to Atsushi who looked like he was about to pass out. What the-- what's wrong with that kid?

"Hey, could I tag along?" I called out to Kunikida.

"What?! No! You're going to help clean up! You're the main reason why the agency is in such a state! Do you know how much this is going to cos-"

"I'll cover it. I don't know how much it's gonna be, but just take 500,000 yen. If you need more, just call me," I said, walking past a shocked Kunikida, handing him 50 10,000 yen notes held together by a rubber band, and going to wake up Atsushi from his little trance.

"Hey brat, stop spacing out. Kunikida's gonna get pissed if you don't start preparing since work is probably going to pile up very fast," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder, snapping him back to reality.

"L-L/N-san is right. Go find Dazai and drag him back here while you're at it. He's probably dunking himself in some river," Kunikida stuttered out, reluctantly placing the money into a pocket in his jacket. Sniffles were heard. The fuck? Who's fucking crying? 

"Ha.. haha.." Atsushi stiffled out, crying.

"Huh? Why are you crying?" 

"I'm not crying."

"You're not?"

"I'm not."

"Are you sure?"

"YES, HE'S/I'M CRYING!" Atsushi and I yelled in unison at Kunikida.

a/n - OKAY NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE WHERE WE GO ALONG WITH RANPO AND ATSUSHI AT THE CRIME THINGYY 

also, yeah, I didn't know what to title the chapter so I just put that :p

and i don't know what to put for the gifs anymore, I'm just gonna put random shit frmo now on

word count: 1181