The Date (1.1)

A/N: Heyyy! Okay so, you may have read the first 2 parts of this story in my oneshot collection (Inside Your Mind)... Turns out, me and -alovesreading have enough content for it to become a full story of its own so here we are! If you're new here, Matty's Chicken Shop Date really had me and ​A spiralling so we decided to make an even better version of the date. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and we can't wait to see what you think. Enjoy and thanks for reading x

Written by imagine-that-100 and -alovesreading

~*~*~*~*~*~

Going on chicken shop dates with your favourite celebrities at one point in your life seemed like something entirely plucked from yours and your best friend's imaginations. You guess that is all it was at one point, but you never for a second imagined it would become your job.

It's a stupid, fun idea that you and your best friend Amelia ran with and now you've gone on 'dates' with some of the biggest stars on the planet. It was beyond your wildest dreams and it's opened up so many opportunities for the both of you that somehow you're now both invited to big events that these stars also attend.

You and Amelia were both at the NME awards earlier this year, surrounded by musical legends that the both of you knew you needed to try and ask on your 'dates'. The amount of award shows the both of you were asked to host their red carpet shows were also insane to the both of you.

The imposter syndrome really kicks in for the both of you when you're at these events but you both remind yourselves to use your fake confidence that you use on your 'dates' and it somehow gets you through. But you wouldn't ever take for granted the opportunities the both of you were getting now.

Both of your calendars were full with work that you never imagined possible for either of you. And you'd been on dates with people like Finneas, Yungblud, KSI, and a bunch of other cool celebrities. Amelia had some good ones along the way too, and it's been quite funny sometimes when you would argue amongst yourself of who would get the date.

Quite early on in your and Amelia's chicken shop dates, both of you decided that you would go on separate dates with the celebrities that agreed to them. A way to keep each episode fresh with similar but ultimately different personalities as the both of you awkwardly flirt your way into getting celebrities to lower their guard and play off you.

Both of you were so happy when it worked, and you thought it would just be a fun side project for the both of you. But the guests kept getting bigger and bigger and you were able to quit your shit job because now you were earning a very comfortable living and you have so many opportunities that years ago you could only have dreamt of.

It was at the NME awards back in February that your date today was arranged. Both you and Amelia saw that event as a way you could ask people to come on your show. And whilst you were tasked with trying to make a drunk Sam Fender agree to come on the show, Amelia went straight for Matty Healy because she knew you wouldn't have the balls to do it.

Amelia was the one person who knew just how much you enjoyed the 1975's music and how much you have done for years. Subsequently, she liked their music too because you used to never stop playing it, but she was definitely a lot more chill about them than you.

That night at the NME awards was something Amelia truly believed she'd never forget though. When you'd gone off to talk to Sam, she went and introduced herself to Matty before sitting at his table.

It really took her no time at all to get Matty to agree to a chicken shop date as he already knew about the show and how it usually goes down. Matty agreed on the spot and he told her that they were going to release their new album sometime in October so it would have to be close to then for promo reasons.