I wanna spill my guts out

Some days passed after what happened. I still can't believe I forgot he was gonna have dinner in our house, I'm so stupid!!! That day I apologized so many times to them that I can't even talk but know it's past and I need to move on. It's already 13 February, which means tomorrow it's Valentine's Day. I hate that day. That's literally the worst day to ever exist, like a day dedicated to love? Why? I don't understand why someone ever thought about creating it. That makes me wanna spill my guts out.
My mom always loved Valentines, I don't even understand why. The only thing she did that day was waiting for my dad to give her roses and a cute necklace, and then she gave him chocolates. Like I don't get their happiness on receiving chocolates and flowers like it was the most special day on earth. Like, no.
As always I went to school with Kev, and then met with Ash and Ali before went to class.
When we entered Kevin got closer to me and said
- Hey Emy!! We need to finish the song, remember?- I forgot about that, after that day I only helped him writing a few words, it doesn't even have a melody.
- Oh Kevin, I forgot about that but we can do it maybe next Friday?
- I need to do it today, I wanna give the song to my crush tomorrow.
- I can't believe you celebrate Valentine's Day, don't you know that's only a day where people all start being sweet and lovely, just to become the worst people alive the next day?
- Why do you say that?
- Because love isn't real, people only play with your heart until they found someone new, someone way better than you. That's why I don't believe love.
- Do you really think I could love a person on a day and then love another the day next?
- I don't know, but I think you're better than those people.
- At least you trust me, that makes me feel happy.- he smiled at me.- Let's meet at my house after school, I really need to finish the song.
- Ok, but I don't know were do you live.
- I catch you at your house after school, ok?
- Ok!- I smiled and then the bell rang.
I can't believe we spend the whole class talking about songs and crushes. That won't happen again. At least today was a free class, so we could do whatever we wanted to.
The time passed and it was already time for Kev to pick me, I was already at my door waiting. I almost thought he wouldn't appear but then there he was, inside his beautiful car waiting for me.
He took us to his house. It was really pretty.
Then I saw his brother and his mother. They were both so nice and kind to me.
It was time to finish the song.
We spent like 2 hours thinking about the lyrics and melody, but, then we finished. It was finally finished the love song for Kevin's crush.
- Finally!! We did it!! Thank you so much Emily!!
- Of course!!! Now you only need to give it to her tomorrow.
- I will!!
We talked a lot after finishing the song but t was getting late so I went home.
Next day I woke up, it was Valentine's Day for ones but for me, I celebrate Crush Culture's Day, a day for people who don't believe in love like me. Perfect song to listen this day.
I went to school and I saw Kev with a sad face looking at me
- What happened Kev?
- She doesn't like me, my crush doesn't like me...
- Oh, I'm so sorry Kev, at least she liked the song?
- She said for me to keep it.
- Oh no!!
- Well I think I'm gonna give it to you then, you helped me writing it, so I think it's fair for you to be you the one who keep it.- saying this he gave me the song and his sad face turned into one of his big smiles, weird...
- Oh, ok then.
I spent all day ignoring the people, principally all the cute couples that were all around the school. I think they all make part of the kissing cult. Oh god nooo!! I spent my day listening to Crush Culture mv, and then I decided to read Harry Potter before go to bed.
This day it's the worst day of the year. After all of happened this week I feel curious about a thing, why did Kev just stopped being sad when he gave me the song? He really wanted me to keep it, but why? I need to know what's going on, lately he has been... weird.