chapter 2

[wendy pov]

I looked at the woman in front of me who just murdered my attacker.

And my gun was pointed at her head.

I was hesitating I should have shot her already but I didn't. I'm not sure why I was hesitating.

Maybe the fact she saved me? Maybe because my gut told me not to? Maybe because she was beautiful? But I knew what she was, What her kind was capable of

The second I put this barrel down I knew she'd end me.

And I couldn't die tonight not when I promised to come home and make food for my sister. And when she doesn't even know that I'm hunting right now so she would know I lied to her, and got myself killed

I shook the anxiety-driven thoughts out of my head as the woman in front of me spoke "look woman I just saved you why would I hurt you she sighed as she spoke.

"You only saved me so you could eat me first I know what your kind does" I spoke loudly to her and in return, she shook her head "if I wanted you dead, you would've been dead already

a shiver went down my spine as she spoke those words "Do you doubt my abilities to kill you first?" I questioned making her roll her eyes "I guess I have to show you then huh" she said and hearing that I cocked my head to the side in a questioning manner.

But before I could ask her what she had meant she grabbed me around the waist And in a flash disarming me and throwing my gun somewhere in the distance.

Before she jumped up the wall she originally had come down from causing me to wrap my hands around her neck not wanting to fall.

Once her feet landed on top of the building she began sprinting and jumping from building to building.

My heart was beating so hard I could feel it in my throat, I knew I was going to die this was it. The thought made me want to fight back with all I had but if I let go I'd fall and just die anyways.

There was nothing I could do but I felt her hug onto me as she leaped and the cold wind blowing against us both making our hair fly everywhere,

Suddenly she stopped with force.

I fearfully looked up from her shoulder to look at her. She was smiling? I was still scared for my life as she was on a ledge she could drop me at any time.

I clung onto her with all my strength even though she continued to hold me in a strong embrace as well. "Do you understand now that if I wanted you dead it would have already happened?" she asked me.

I quickly nodded my head in fear. She took a step off the ledge putting me back on my feet.

This was my chance to get out of this.

I quickly attacked her pushing her chest back and swiping my leg under her's making her trip over the ledge of the building.

But before she fell she grabbed my shirt and we both fell stories and stories off the tall building.

I screamed seeing my flash before my eyes and just before we hit the ground.

A brute force stopped our fall by her grabbing onto the railing of an apartment building which left us dangling in the cold night.