44

Sabrina spent a week in the hospital getting every test known to man down to her to ensure that an event like this never happened again. She was thankful at how thorough they were with every assessment.

At home, the kids were working through a lot of trauma from the event.

Especially Elliot considering he was doing hands on work with his father.

Elliot was afraid of sleeping alone and actually climbed into bed next to Luke, Luke rubbing his bad as he cried into the pillow. He knew that he was traumatized and wished he didn't have to live through that.

Elsie and Eloise on the other hand we're pretty emotionally charged as well, even though they didn't see what was done, they heard everything and they told Luke how they heard everything go down from the other room. He let them speak their mind and ask questions, the best way in dealing with something like that.

Luke was actually afraid of telling Sabrina about the emotional damage the kids acquired because he didn't want her to get angry, any time she asked about them he lied. Every time he offered to bring them down to see her they fought him.

As someone who's been on the job for roughly eleven years now he understood what families went through after an awful event, he was able to sympathize with the pain and deep emotional scars that ailed them.

He was the only one who didn't really react, other than the feelings of anxiety and heaviness in his chest during the initial encounter. All of this way a natural instinct to him and it was like any other call, at this point he felt numb — this was his wife, he true love and instead he felt like a statue just continuing on because he needed to because his kids needed him more than ever. They were fragile and hurt.

After Sabrina got discharged from the hospital, she had to follow a three week recovery plan at home; no heavy lifting, no strenuous activities, limit stress and Luke waited on her hand and foot even though there was a lot of stuff she could do on her own.

It took some time for the children to warm back up to her, being avoidant for the first few days of her being home but eventually they came around; Eloise becoming clingy and hostile and began sleeping in their bed in between them because she was afraid of something happening to mother again.

This whole situation put a strain on their family and it didn't help that school had begun and Luke had to get back to work and that Sabrina had to continue working from home.

People on the outside didn't understand what their family went through during the last week of summer and assumptions hurt.

For instance, Sabrina decided she wanted to take Luke out for a nice dinner on the other side of town as a thank you. She wore a revealing dress and Luke wore black slacks and a royal blue button down shirt.

There was stares immediately upon entry into the restaurant, a server actually stopped and pulled Sabrina aside asking if she was okay and safe at home because of the visible bruises on her chest and she was forced to relive trauma and explain how they were from two broken ribs that occurred during CPR that was performed on her. The person backed off right away, apologizing, she wouldn't tell Luke what they said because she didn't want him to fight them because it was pointless.

the most ironic moment of the evening was when Calum and his wife Brianna walked in, Luke flagging them down to their table telling them to join them on a double date. Sabrina not minding at all.

They actually hadn't seen them in a few years now, Calum and Brianna looking more comfortable and happy within in their marriage.

Calum talked about how he was was drawing up new plans for a new business. Brianna had been very stressed out from teaching for as long as she had been and Calum thought it would be a good bonding opportunity if they opened up a small coffee shop in Hedgesville, WV.