Task 8: "Chasing Life" (F) (W)

Start from the beginning

I focus on pulling myself up one brick at the time, but my right foot struggles for solid grip having an arrow through it. What's even more frustrating and distracting is the constant dropping of rocks. I look up and I see Lei is constantly throwing them down on me. This rage just fills my chest and face when I look up at her. "You little bitch, I'm coming for you!" I bark at her as I on 'pure' motivation start picking up the pace with my hands and one useful foot. "Fuck, fuck, fuck..." I hear from above me.

She's too slow though. My size and greater range sees me ultimately bound to catch her sooner than she expected. I reach for her ankle, and twist it. She immediately stops her movement to deal with the pain. Once I get a little higher, I immediately grab her by the throat. She struggles to breathe with my grip as well as the lava gaining on us. "It's a shame I only got to wreck your little ankle...if it wasn't for the lava down there, I would've wrecked your entire body and enjoyed it like hell. Now, the lava will have to do..." I squeeze her throat a little extra before I let go and she lands in the lava.

I continue to climb upwards and I come to learn that this is not what my fingers are made for. They're made to break and wreck joints, not to climb up a freaking tower. They have to be for now, or else I'm gonna burn to death and that's not ideal for my plans. But it would be ideal for my plans... The little kid in my head says. Shut the hell up! I honestly thought he was gone. I didn't think he could cope with all of the pain I'm both inducing and experiencing right now. I've grown stronger now. I'm gonna nag you until you either give me control or you take your last breath.

I snap right out of it and ignore him as I see Wynterra is above me, standing on some sort of ledge firing arrows towards me. I manage to avoid them for quite a while. I mean, her aim is terrible. The right archer would've shot me dead by now. What a shame she isn't a better shot. Shut up! As I look up, she seems to lose footing slightly and almost slips. That gives me the opportunity to disappear. I climb further to my left and gain some height.

Just in the right moment, I jump down from above to surprise her, remove her bow from her and throw it off the ledge. I remove the arrow from my ankle finally as I see the lava is approaching us fast. I turn my attention back to Wynterra who, despite of refusing to show fear, she looks puzzled regarding what to do. "You think you're so smart using arrows, don't you?" I let out with a grin on my face. "Truth is you're more of a coward than anything else. No arrow will stop me, not even the one you put through my ankle..."

All of a sudden, before she can respond or do anything for that matter, I grab her throat as I plunge that very same arrow through her lunge, puncturing it before I sense a knife through my shoulder. She even manages to twist it and the anger just flares up inside of me, but I keep my cool. "That's cute..." I let out. "But it's not gonna be enough. Goodbye, Wynterra..." I let out as I in a swift move pull her towards me, grab her neck in a solid grip before I twist it and throw her body into the lava too. The splashing nearly hits me. It's come dangerously close to me these past minutes. I've got to get to the top.

I pull myself over the edge and look down. The lava still has quite a bit to go before reaching me. I just gotta take care of the last one and crown myself as victor before it gets here. I try to take a deep breath to myself. The pain in my foot from the arrow and lava, as well as that knife in my shoulder makes its presence quite clear to me. Bitches. Thinking they ever stood a chance when facing me was oddly charming. A smirk runs across my face as I get up on my feet at last and see the crown on my right. Right in front of me however, is the last hurdle - Kleone.

She wears a similar smirk on her face and I almost find it cute. Why she's grinning is beyond me. I'm gonna kill her now anyway. Not if I can stop you. Shut up and learn, little kid! You don't freaking mess with me! "Well, well, well, 'honey', wasn't it you that promised you were gonna try and kill me at the very end?" She starts out and she doesn't try to hide her so-called confidence. She tries to speak like me like I'm just another one of her victims of these Games, but that's where she's dead-wrong.