𝐬 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐕𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Run!"
  A deafening yell sounded in the field, as all of the Commission's assassins let out a battle cry. The ground below my feet shook, as millions of footsteps echoed around us. As we ran towards the house, the assassins began to shoot, sending bullets flying in every direction. The rapid gunfire continued as we ran, and all I could think about was how this was most likely the last time I'd ever feel such a rush of adrenaline. Or really feel anything at all. I can't feel shit if I'm dead.

  "We're not gonna make it!" Diego shouted, informing us of the obvious, as Five turned his head to look at the millions of people charging towards us. He took a hold of Diego's shoulder in his free hand, as he was still holding mine, and spacial jumped us further away. We were now running on the snow, and the barn was a lot closer.
  "Five, I think I'm gonna puke!" Diego said, after we'd landed.
  "No time!" Five shouted, continuing to run.

  My hand slipped from his as I tumbled to the ground, an agonzing pain forming in my abdomen. Five dropped back to help me up, and continued dragging me along as Diego caught up. He didn't notice the warm, red liquid that was slowly staining my sweater.

  We ducked behind a tractor, panting to catch our breaths and I looked down at my stomach. There was a patch of blood, only slightly darker than my red sweater. It was only visible if you were looking for it. 'Great day to wear red'.
  The sound of bullets ricocheting off of the metal flooded my ears, as I clutched my stomach.
  "What now?" Five shouted over the noise.
  "We blink into the house, man!" Diego yelled, peeking around the wheel and just narrowly missing a bullet. Five took my hand again and held onto Diego, attempting to jump us to safety. But all that happened was a soft blue glow from his hands and a warped noise.

  "What?" Diego yelled, his voice slightly higher in panic.
  "Shit, I'm out of fuel. I'm too tired." In comparison, Five's voice was much calmer. How the hell could he be calm at a time like this?!
  "Go! I'll...I'll cover for you!" Diego panted, crawling out from behind the tractor.
  "Diego!" I called, managing to keep my voice steady, so as not to draw attention to the fact that I was literally bleeding to death.
  "Diego, what are you-"
  "Go!" He screamed at us, and Five took my hand, pulling me up from behind the tractor. We ran as Diego moved closer to the crowd of people. I looked back to see him slow the bullets, before sending them into a nearby wagon. It exploded, just as Five and I reached the porch. We ducked whilst climbing the stairs, and rushed into the house.

  Five dragged me under the table and we hid, the glass from the windows and lights shattering above us. We both held our hands to our ears in a weak attempt to block out the noise. This was it. I was going to die. We had no way out and I was already bleeding out. It was just a matter of time before they reached the house and shot us both dead.