39. Permanent damage

Start from the beginning

"Witness Protection had her living in New Jersey." Emily shook her head, exhaling.

"He has a head start. He could be there now." Spencer really started to panic.

"Garcia's got a trace." JJ nodded as she held her phone up for everyone to hear.

"He's bouncing between a few towers." Garcia spoke, her voice shaky.

"Where?" Hotch asked.

"Fairfax county." Garcia answered him.

"He's still local?" JJ asked, confused.

"Send the coordinates to my phone." Hotch spoke as he got into the car that Anderson had sent for him, hanging up the call.

"Why isn't he on his way to New Jersey?" JJ asked, looking at the rest of the team.

"Wait, that phone's on?" Emily asked, confused.

"Yes." Garcia nodded before the line went silent.

"Hotch?" Emily asked.

"He hung up." Garcia exhaled.

"Damn it." Emily rolled her eyes, exhaling.

"What's that?" Emily asked as she, JJ, Morgan, Spencer and Rossi heard a beeping sound, like someone calling someone else.

"Hotch is calling Foyet." Garcia sounded panicked, almost shocked.

"Agent Hotchner." Foyet smiled, answering his phone. Hotch had one hand gripping the steering wheel of the car while the other hand steadily held his phone to his ear, a stern and angry look on his face.

"If you touch her..." Before Hotch could continue, Foyet stopped him.

"Be gentle, like I was with you?" Foyet spoke slowly, hearing the anger radiating off Hotch over the phone. He was loving every second of the torture he was inflicting onto Hotch.

"What the hell took you so long? I was beginning to think this phone was dead or something." Foyet chuckled.

"Why so quiet? You usually lash out when you're frustrated." Foyet questioned.

"I'm not frustrated. You're more predictable than you think." Hotch tried to remain calm while he drove.

"Am I?" Foyet asked, intrigued.

"You didn't know where Haley was, so you made her come to you." Hotch spoke, knowing that the team were listening in on the call.

"You make me sound lazy." Foyet scoffed.

"Just another way for you to show control." Hotch exhaled.

"Oh, that's terrible." Foyet held the phone near his face, not seeming phased by whatever Hotch was getting at.

"You're mother tried to protect you from your father, but she wasn't strong enough. And you hated her for that, didn't you? You decided that all women were weak." Hotch informed Foyet, who scoffed.

"Those are your words, not mine."  Foyet shook his head.

"What were you, 9 when you killed them?" Hotch asked, egging Foyet on for some kind of response.

"It was a car accident." Foyet smiled, reminding Hotch.

"That you couldn't take credit for. That had to be hard for you. But poor George got another chance. The little orphan was saved by the wealthy, sterile east side couple, the Foyets. And the story should have ended there." Hotch kept his eyes on the road while he drove, expecting some sort of answer.