6. Boxes & Blood

Fynn was so nervous. He had been planning this night with Rieka for weeks.

He slid a light blue silk button-down shirt over his muscled frame, leaving the top few buttons undone. After pulling on black slacks, black shoes, a black and navy blue pinstripe vest and styling his hair, Fynn went to his closet and pulled out a shoe box from a high shelf. He opened it, grabbed the small velvet box inside and put the shoe box back.

Fynn sat on his bed turning the small box over and over nervously in his hands. Queen Leda knocked on the door two times before letting herself into Fynn's room and sitting next to him on the bed and giving him a warm side hug, "How are you doing?"

"I've never been so nervous in my life." Fynn confessed, his eyes glued to the small velvet box, "What if...she says no?"

"Fynn, She's your mate, and everyone can see that she adores you. You have nothing to worry about." Leda smiled warmly, "Now, chin up. Take a deep breath, and go sweep your mate off her feet."

Fynn gave his mother a small kiss on the forehead as he stood, "Thank you Mama. You always know what to say when I get in my head."

With that Fynn straightened his vest, put the box in his pant pocket, and went straight to Rieka's door and knocked, "Rieka? It's me."

"Just a minute! I'll be right there!" Rieka yelled from her room. Fynn heard scrambling behind the door and Rieka cursing under her breath. Fynn chuckled at the thought of Rieka being nervous enough about anything to be swearing and throwing things around to finish up. He felt relieved actually, knowing that she was just as nervous and excited about tonight as he was.

The door opened, out stepped Rieka, and at the sight of her, Fynn forgot how to breathe.

Rieka was wearing a shimmery silver dress that had a slight purple hue to it and came down to just below her knees. It hugged every curve, accentuating her wide hips and small waist. The sweetheart neckline sloped over her perky breasts, with purple amethysts dotting the edge like stones along a riverbed. It was an off the shoulder dress, but the sleeves were 3 strings of silver and amethyst stones draped from the front to the back of each shoulder. A shiny purple choker adorned her neck and was accentuated by silver dangle earrings with large amethyst stones. Rieka's brown hair was up in a curly French twist style updo and she had a simple silver comb with amethyst flowers placed in it. 

"You okay babe?" Rieka asked, "Is my makeup smeared or something? Why are you staring at me like that?" 

Fynn's eyes glowed as his beast came to the surface. In a low voice, practically dripping with desire, "You are so gorgeous.  Goddess above, If I didn't have so much planned tonight, I'd pick you up, take you back into your room and ravish you over and over for all eternity.." 

Rieka blushed at the compliment as butterflies fluttered in her stomach, "I'm glad you approve."  Fynn shook his head as if to snap himself back to reality, "Now, my lady, may I escort you to the car for tonight's festivities?"

Rieka giggled as Fynn bowed dramatically and held out his hand like Prince Charming asking Cinderella to dance.  He took her hand and pulled her close so she was holding onto his arm; the familiar sparks dancing up and down her arm at his touch. They walked down the stairs to see Demi getting frustrated with a beautiful dark haired woman.  The woman's hazel eyes snapped to Fynn and Rieka as they descended.  Rieka noticed the faint glare from the woman before she sashayed over to them, a perfect white smile plastered to her face.

"Fynn! There you are my dear!" Mona pushed her way into Fynn for a tight hug, practically shoving Rieka out of the way. Demi started towards Mona with a look that could kill, but Rieka subtly put her hand up to stop her. Fynn wiggled his way out of the hug and immediately grabbed Rieka's hand again, "Mona. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for dinner?"