Valentine's Day

Prompt from sapphicprompts on Instagram:

It's Valentine's Day. You're single, lonely and in the three weeks you've lived here, you've not really met anyone you'd consider becoming friends with. So, you head to the local shop and pick up a bottle of wine and a frozen pizza, adding a last-minute bouquet of flowers to your basket, just to brighten up your apartment.

You're waiting in line when the brunette in front of you catches your eye. She smiles and throws a friendly wink your way, making your face heat up. You duck your head, too embarrassed to look up until she has gone. You bag up your shopping and realize the woman has left her wallet.

You don't trust the shady-looking cashier, so you pocket it and hop in a cab to the address inside. It's not far, just across the other side of town. You arrive at a huge townhouse and nervously ring the bell. The woman instantly recognizes you, and you're so flustered that you hand her the flowers instead of her wallet. Luckily, she doesn't appear to mind and invites you inside.

----------

Emma threw on her red leather jacket, put a beanie over her blonde curls and locked her apartment door. She didn't feel like cooking at all today, and thought a large pizza all to herself sounded like the best idea. Oh, and a bottle of wine.

Plus, she had been in her apartment the last two days, in bed. Emma really needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air. As she walked, she took in her still new surroundings. She had moved to Storybrooke about three weeks ago for a new job. Truth be told, she was more of a homebody.

The walk is short and only takes about ten minutes. Emma decides on a meat lover's pizza and a bottle of chocolate wine; she's never had it before, but thought it sounded pretty good. You can never go wrong with chocolate. As she's walking up to the counter to check out, Emma spots a small stand that holds a display of bouquets. She purses her lips and indulges, deciding on a bouquet of multicolored flowers. She has no idea what any of them are, but they're beautiful and her apartment could use some color.

She hasn't taken the time or money to decorate yet.

Emma gets in line behind a few people and wastes time by checking her phone. She feels a presence get in line behind her and turns slightly to greet the woman. She was breathtaking. Her hair was dark and her skin had an olive tone, and Emma was sure she had never seen a woman quite so beautiful.

"Is that all you have?" She finally asked after clearing her throat. The other woman only had a bottle of red wine in her hand.

The woman nodded slowly, looking a little sad, or maybe ashamed, Emma wasn't sure. "Yeah, just a giant bottle of wine for one," the woman said, holding the bottle up in the air slightly.

"You can go ahead of me," Emma offered. The woman smiled and thanked her before switching places with the blonde. Green eyes automatically fell to the woman's ass, but unfortunately for her, it was covered with a long coat. Her eyes kept traveling down and noticed the brunette was wearing expensive looking high heels, and Emma imagined them digging into her back with her head in between her thi-

"Next!"

Emma blinked, suddenly realizing that she was next in line. Shit. She should have asked the other woman to join her, or if she had plans. Or at least exchanged numbers. She sighed, stepping up to place her items on the counter. She quickly paid for her items and as she was putting her wallet back into her back pocket, she noticed a black leather clutch on the counter.

The cashier hadn't asked if it was hers. He hadn't said anything about it. Emma glanced at it again before shoving it into the inside pocket of her jacket. The cashier, apparently named Killian, judging by his name tag, seemed a bit sketchy. He'd probably steal the person's identity. Or at least their cash.