You Deserve Happiness

Sort of a rewrite of 3x22-4x02

Hook is annoying, as per usual and Emma is a bit fed up with him. Emma and Hook brought Marian back from the Enchanted Forest, reuniting her with her family. Elsa comes to town to cause chaos and Emma realizes she has feelings for Regina.

---

In all honesty, Emma isn't sure why she just spent the greater part of ten minutes making out with a fairytale character outside of Granny's diner. Yes, Hook had helped save Henry from Neverland, brought her and Henry back to Storybrooke, and he just went into the past with her to make sure her parents met and fell in love. She owes him, really. She's sure of it.

But now they're inside and her mom and dad just announced their new baby's name. She's not sure that she'll ever call them mom and dad again, but here she is. She's trying not to be jealous about them having this experience. An experience she didn't have with Henry, and an experience her own parents never had with her because of the curse.

Speaking of curses... She looks around for Regina, not sure where the other woman is. Presumably with Robin Hood and his son, having their fairytale happy ending. She puts on her best fake smile and wanders over to Hook who's sitting at the bar, chatting with the woman they had brought back with them.

Emma had learned that her name was Marian. The other woman had told her and Hook that she was of no importance Just a commoner in a village who would do anything for Snow White.

But when Regina finally walked into the diner with Robin and Roland in tow, Marian's eyes darkened and she looked as if she was about to murder someone. Emma had seen that look before. She turned around to follow Marian's line of sight.

"It's the Evil Queen," Marion stammered.

"It's okay. She's different now." Emma puts up a defensive hand, always ready to defend her son's mother. "She's not the same person anymore. You'll see." She's looking to Killian for more, but he says nothing. "Just stay here."

Emma turns around to find Regina already looking at her with a smile on her face. She tries to smile back, but it just turns into a frown. "Regina, there's something you should know." Regina raises her eyebrows, waiting for her to continue. Emma swallows. "I brought someone back from the past. This woman, and she still thinks of you as..."

Regina nods in understanding before she says, "Evil."

Emma nods, letting out a breath. "I'm gonna bring her over. I already told her that it's okay, but it's a little delicate and I feel like if she met you, she'll see..."

"I understand," Regina says, and Emma is so damn proud of her for reasons she can't explain. Regina has moved mountains to be where she is now.

Emma turns back to Hook and Marian to introduce the two women. "Regina, I'd like you to meet..."

"Marian?" Robin gasps.

And suddenly Emma is reuniting a family; a husband with a wife who had died; a son with a mother who he would never see again. Her brows furrow as she realizes what she's done.

"You," Regina growls, looking at Emma. "You did this?"

Emma looks from Regina to the reunited family and back again. "I just wanted to save her life." She thought she was doing something good. Good always wins.

"You're just like your mother, never thinking of the consequences." Regina turns to walk away and Emma isn't sure if Regina's words hurt more than her leaving the diner.

"Regina, wait." Emma calls after and ends up following her out of the building. "I'm sorry. Just let me explain. She feels an ache in her chest that's like nothing she has ever felt before. She just needs to explain.