22. Lady Of Winterfell

"Jon isnt Theon. Jon isnt Ramsay. Jon is Jon. He's our brother. He'll keep us safe. I trust him." Salem declared.

"You always loved him. I was awful to him." Sansa murmured. 

"You were a child and did as mother said, wanted to make her proud.'' Salem offered as she readied a bath for Rickon. She remembered him running around the halls with Bran. He was barely seven when they left. Now he was a young man. Still a child but so much had changed. Rickon didnt mind being babied by Salem. They had missed so much and it was nice to be cared for, protected. 

"I remember the fuss I mad when I wanted to marry Joffrey." Sansa recalled. "But you were elder. Do you remember what you said to me?"

"Something along the lines of gross you can have him." Salem pondered. 

"I dont like pretty boys, I like my men to be men. Handle a bit of danger." Sansa recalled. 

"I was in love with Theon back then." Salem admitted softly. 

"What!" Sansa shouted. Salem gave a slow nod. "How did I not know this?"

"No one knew, Robb I think did but he didnt say anything." Salem remarked. "Gods I thought he was the one. I was so wrong... makes me wonder what would have happened if I stayed at winterfell if I could have prevented any of it."

"Dont put this all on you." Sansa corrected. "You loved father most, when he said jump you basically asked how high in everything. He was your favorite, you were his favorite." Sansa whispered. "I wouldnt have survived the capital, any of it without you." She added as Salem ran a hand through the water. 

"I was never going to stay at winterfell back then." Salem admitted. "I wanted to be with father and Arya and you... I just wish Robb... I wish we all stayed put." Salem corrected. 

"Is Ramsay that one?" Sansa questioned bluntly. 

"I dont know." Salem admitted. "I thought so. But seeing RIckon back... it makes me worry that Ramsay sees him as a threat, Jon as a threat... I love Ramsay but..." her hand fisted the material at her stomach as the door opened. "All ready for you honey." Salem declared as Sansa got up. 

"I will see you two for supper." Sansa remarked as she headed out.

"I'm so glad you are back honey." Salem remarked hugging Rickon again. "And I know you are not a little boy and dont need my help but know that you have it, whenever you need it. Whenever you want it. I'm always here for you."

"I love you Salem." Rickon declared as she headed for the door. 

"I love you. See you soon." Salem remarked as she closed the door leaving him alone. 

+

"You want winterfell?" Ramsay pondered and Rickon wrapped his towel tighter around himself. "You want to steal what I worked so hard for? Is that it?"

"No. No, I just want to be home with my sisters." RIckon corrected backing up until his back hit the dresser. 

"You dont want to have heirs and replace me?" Ramsay agreed. 

"Heirs? No. I just want Salem." Rickon corrected. 

"Salem is mine... you know your old pal Theon?" Ramsay remarked spinning a blade in his hand. "I tore him apart, you are welcome." he declared and Salem hesitated at the door when she heard Ramsays voice. "He listens well now, he obeys. Will you obey Rickon Stark?"

"yes." Rickon agreed nervously. 

"Will you obey me?" Ramsay clarified. 

"Yes, you are lord of..." Rickon's breath hitched as Ramsays blade poked at his stomach. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to make Rickon suck in a nervous breath. Trying to be smaller. 

"I took his cock. THeon's. Cock and balls and took everything that made him, him." Ramsay remarked. "I could take yours as well to keep you from getting any ideas of having children, stealing whats mine." 

"No. I dont want kids. I dont like girls." Rickon offered. 

"You dont like girls?" Ramsay countered. "Well then best rid you of-"

"I mean I do but I'm just a kid I dont want... that." Rickon offered. "I dont want to be lord of winterfell, I just want salem." He whimpered out. 

"Good talk." Ramsay agreed putting his blade back in his belt. "Oh and best not tell Salem about our little talk. I wouldnt want to have to kill her or you." RIckon's lip quivered as he stared back at Ramsay. 

When Ramsay threatened Rickon, salem heard every damn word and she knew what she had to do. It broke her heart to do it because she did love Ramsay. The baby growing inside her was his but she couldnt trust him with her family. 

"Hey lover." Salem coed. He growled pulling her closer. "Where were you?"

"Talking to my new brother." Ramsay offered.

"Im glad you two are getting along." Salem remarked kissing along his jaw, pushing him to a seat trapping him under her legs. 

"Oh yes getting along great." Ramsay agreed.

"Definitely not threatening him." Salem agreed and Ramsay went pale.

"Salem-" he tried to shift away from her but she gripped tight to him.

"I loved you Ramsay." Salem remarked. "You asked me before who I would choose between you and them. I really hoped I would never have to decide." Salem rasped. "But I cant trust you Ramsay!"

"Salem lover please-" ramsay begged.

"Because I choose them." Salem whimpered as she slit his throat. Blood spurted back at her as he bled out. "Look what you made me do!" 

Salem Killed Roose as Robb was killed. Salem Killed Ramsay as her mother was killed Salem thought as she got up. Ramsay's blood still on her as she moved to the door.

+

"Thats your sister?" Tormund questioned with a grin when he saw Salem blood splattered over.

"Thats Salem." Jon agreed softly.

"What is she doing?" Tormund questioned

"I know the same as you. Which is nothing." Jon hissed. Jon looked to Rickon and Sansa behind her. 

"I am Salem Stark Bolton." She declared. "Those of you loyal to the Boltons know that I'm pregnant with our lord Ramsay boltons child." Jon went pale, that awful man raped his sister. "Our stubborn Stark supporters, thank you for being so damn resilient. And never giving up on us." Salem declared. 

"Now listen closely to what I said and know it is truth and it is law." Salem shouted. "Ramsay is dead and im in charge." Blade still gripped in her hand she stared down at the bolton army his blood dripped off the blade the unsteady drip drop of blood echoed as Salem got everyone's attention. 

"I want to marry your sister." Tormund remarked fondly Jon punched him. 

"Thats my sister. You dont touch her." Jon corrected. 

 "And as Lady Stark -Bolton, lady of winterfell, wardeness of the north. I'm making some changes around here." Salem looked to sansa, Rickon then Theon. Then as her gaze shifted to the courtyard she saw Jon and a smile spread over her face.  

The Starks were back.