8. Live to Please

"You want to please him." Salem remarked. Ramsay was surprised to find her sitting on his bed in his chambers. "Your father. You hate him but you want to please him. Want to be like him."

"I suppose." Ramsay agreed as he started getting changed.

"He raped your mother killed her and yet-"

"You heard all that." Ramsay remarked.

"I suppose its not your fault." Salem offered as she lay back in bed.

"What?" Ramsay pondered.

"You were never shown love so you dont how to love." Salem clarified.

"I know how to love." Ramsay corrected as he strut towards her. She looked over the muscles of his chest and abs as he got closer.

"You know how to fuck," salem offered. "Maybe. Cant be sure." Salem added. "But love. Love is different."

"What do you want?"

"When your father has a son what will you do?" Salem countered.

"I will have a brother."

"When we wed what will you do?" Salem questioned as she got up putting her palm flat to his chest walking him back.

"Many things." Ramsay offered.

"Joy," Salem mused as she gave him a gently shove into the hall

"What are you doing My lady?"

"This is my room." Salem reminded him. "Im staying. Here." She smiled sweetly as Ramsay opened his mouth to object but she slammed and barred the door.

Ramsay hissed a breath as he pounded once on the door.

"Goodnight Salem." Ramsay called out.

"It is now." She agreed.

+

" Where am I? Who are you? What do you want?" Theon screamed out, his memories still haunted him of that night, when Ramsay first found him. He had been remembering more and more since he saw Salem.

"I want to do this."

"Stop! Stop!" Theon shouted, he remembered the pain, the searing pain. He remembered being someone.

"Tell us the truth."

"About what?" Theon screamed out. "I don't know what you want. I want the truth. What truth?"

"Why'd you take Winterfell?"

"I took it to ... I took it ..." Theon whimpered confused.

"Who gave the orders?"

"No one. I took it on my own." Theon half lied It was what his father wanted and he wanted to make his father proud.

"Why?"

"To take the North while it was vulnerable." Theon declared.

"What were you going to do once you took it?"

"Hold it. Rule it." Theon offered

"Good. That's very good." but Theons screams rang out. They were turning him into no one, nothing. "Why did you do that?"

"I told you."

"Why did you take Winterfell?"

"I took it to bring glory to my house and my father." Theon admitted as they came at him again. "Wait. Wait, wait, wait." He begged, he couldn't breathe, the pain he needed them to stop.  "I took it because I hated the Starks. I hated them for holding me prisoner. I wanted to hurt them."

"What are you doing? Please." Theon begged "I'll tell you anything. Just take it off. Please. Please, just take it off." His eyes popped open and he saw Salem staring back at him. She tossed him a blanket wordlessly before heading back inside.

"Salem-"

"You were shouting, your teeth were chattering... I dont like you but you living, you clearly get to suffer your sins of hurting my family. Hurting Robb. Hurting me..." Salem rasped. "So as much as I want you dead you living as Ramsays bitch is better punishment for your sins."

"Salem!" Theon whimpered.

+

''What do you want?'' Salem hissed as she answered the door.

'Lord Ramsay sent me to draw you a bath, my lady.'' Myranda remarked coming into Salems room. Ramsays room... "You want to be clean and fresh for your new husband, don't you?'' Salem agreed. Sinking into the tub Myranda cleaned at her hair. ''You're so beautiful, but you need to keep him happy. Ramsay gets bored easily.' Myranda informed her. ''You don't want to end up like-- well, like the others.'' Myranda told her innocently but Salem couldn't see her wicked grin only the venom in her voice.

''What others?" Salem questioned ignorantly.

''I shouldn't gossip." Myranda remarked pulling gently at her hair. "You are a red haired child like your sister no?"

"No," Salem corrected. "Black as death." She answered before dunking her hair down and then Myranda saw it the color changing the dye fading.

"No point in hiding." Myranda offered.

"Im not hiding. It was survival."  Salem hissed. "Now if you would stop being so damn cryptic... What others?'' Salem requested again

''Let's see, there was Kyra the blacksmith's daughter. She was tall like you, lovely figure. But she talked and talked and talked and Ramsay grew tired of that. Then there was Violet. She had gorgeous blonde hair. But she got pregnant. And, well, that was boring" Myranda told her smugly. ''Then Tansy. Such a sweet girl. Of course, sweet girls get a bit dull after a while, don't they?'' Salem stayed quiet. ''Ramsay let me come with him on that hunt.' Myranda added sweetly.

''Hunt?''

''Mmm." Myranda's grip got a little tighter on her hair ''Have you ever seen a body after the dogs have been at it? Not so pretty.'' Myranda remarked. ''But, well, it's your wedding day. Why am I talking about such things?'' Myranda kept her voice light and a forced smile on her face.

''What was your name again?''

''Myranda.''

'And how long have you loved him, Myranda?" Salem asked and Myranda froze. ''Did you imagine that he would be with you forever, is that it? And I came along and ruined it. I'm Salem Stark of Winterfell." Salem reminded her harshly. ''This is my home and you can't frighten me.'' Myranda huffed out a breath.

''Are you done with your bath, my lady?'' Myranda sassed

''Go. I can finish on my own. You come near me my sister or Ramsay and I will show you what terror looks like." Salem declared. "Are you deaf? I said go."