7. Twisted

''Walda and I have some good news as well, since we're all together." Roose remarked. ''We're going to have a baby."

"I'm very happy for you." Sansa said kindly.

"Poor girl." Salem countered softly. "But a child should bring you joy in this world. I hope you never have to lose him... or for him to be taken from you by..." Salems gaze shifted to Roose. It was official Ramsay loved Salem. Roose on the other hand was debating marrying Ramsay to Sansa. She had less of a bite like her sister. 

"From the way she's carrying, Maester Wolkan says it looks like a boy." roose added happily forcing a smile.

"Boys are hard." Salem offered. "They turn into awful men." Walda offered her a sympathetic smile. 

''How can you be sure?" Ramsay mused looking over at Walda.

''Sure of what?'' Roose asked ignorantly.

''That she's pregnant. I mean...'' Ramsay waved a hand in front of her. "how can you tell?" Ramsay sniggered as Walda's eyes drifted down to her lap.

"Rude." Salem declared whacking Ramsay over the back of the head. "She is your mother, you show her some respect." Walda looked silently to Salem, she had never seen a woman so bold. 

''Maester Wolkan has assured us beyond all doubt.'' Roose countered stiffly.

''So how did you manage it?'' Ramsay went on. 

"Oh our wedding night is going to be horrendous." Salem decided as Theon filled her glass. She tried not to look at him. Ramsay's hand shifted up her thigh though giving her leg a firm squeeze. 

''Manage what?'' Roose asked bitterly.

''Getting her pregnant.'' Ramsay clarified.

''I imagine you're familiar with the procedure.'' Roose remarked.

''Of course, but how did you... find it?'' Ramsay chuckled leaning back in his chair. Another whack to the back of Ramsays head but he liked Salem's fire, it didnt deter him. His fingers slid over rubbing the thick fabric of her dress over her clit under the table. Salem didnt dare move, didnt dare speak. "I can do a through exam of your cunt before hand my beloved." Ramsay offered. "If you are worried I wont know where to put it." 

Salem had feared that when she left for the capital all those moons ago, years now, that she would have married Joffrey of all people. SHe married Tyrion. He was kind but Salem had once had her heart set on Theon. So Ramsay touching her now, his cruel words and harsh touch should have made her weary but it didnt. Because she already knew Ramsay was a bad guy. She wouldnt be tricked. She thought once upon a time that Theon was a good guy, that was what really hurt her. 

"Father is going to try and set me up in the capital." Salem had remarked softly as theon traced a hand up her side.

"Tell him you love me and dont want to go." Theon offered hopefully

"I don't think my father would agree to that." Salem reminded him as she rolled over resting her chin on his chest.

"I dont want you to go. "

"I dont want to go." Salem assured. "Theon greyjoy you will always be my first love." Salem was drawn back into the room and she had to close her eyes her face pinched a sob she forced to stay down. She never got love. Never. 

Ramsay leaned in kissing her cheek as Walda and sansa headed out. 

"Are you alright my beloved?" Ramsay questioned. 

"I will be." Salem offered as she excused herself as well. Ramsay watched her go when his father spoke up. They were alone and everything was coming up Ramsay.

''You disgraced yourself at dinner parading that creature before the Stark girl." Roose hissed. Theon greyjoy, Reek, Ramsay's pet project. Obedient yes but he was despicable.

''And if it's a boy?' Ramsay spat back. Roose chuckled looking back at him. "Your new child with that lard of a woman?"

''You're worried about your position." Roose realized.

"My position is quite clear. I'm your son until a better alternative comes along." Ramsay spat back.

''You've never asked me about your mother." Roose remarked.

''Why would I? She had me, she died. And here we are.'' Ramsay huffed out.

''She was a peasant girl. Pretty in a common sort of way." Roose remarked ''She was the miller's wife. Apparently they had married without my knowledge or consent. So I had him hanged and I took her beneath the tree where he was swaying. She fought me the whole time." Roose informed him, his eyes never wavering away from Ramsay. Salem couldnt breathe from the doorway. So Roose had always been evil.

 ''She was lucky I didn't hang her, too. A year later she came to my gates with a squalling baby in her arms. A baby she claimed was mine. I nearly had her whipped and the child thrown in the river. But then I looked at you and I saw then what I see now." Roose told him as he brought a hand to Ramsay's shoulder. ''You are my son.''

Ramsay didn't know what to say. Beat and raped his mother yet spared him. Saw himself in a little babes eyes. Did Roose know that Ramsay would turn out as twisted as he is now. Ramsay shouldn't have felt pride in that. His mother was raped, beaten, dead. But he felt a wash of pride in his twisted mind.

''Stannis Baratheon has an army at Castle black. But he won't stay for long. He wants the Iron Throne, and the road to King's Landing comes right through Winterfell. He means to take the North. But the North is ours. It's yours and mine. Will you help me defeat him?" Roose questioned. Without hesitation Ramsay answered

''Yes.''

+

''Lord Baelish."

"Yes?" Petyr turned recognizing the man. "Lancel Lannister."

"Brother Lancel. We abandon our family names."

"Quite a family to abandon." Petyr countered.

"The city has changed since you were here last. We flooded the gutters with wine, smashed the false idols, and set the godless on the run." Lancel remarked.

"Well done." Petyr offered. "I'm here on urgent business for the Queen Mother." Lancel stared back at him as Petyr was surrounded. Fucking great, Petyr thought but kept his smile. "Should I send word that I'll be delayed?"

"Step carefully, Lord Baelish. You'll find there's little tolerance for flesh peddlers in the new King's Landing."

"We both peddle fantasies, Brother Lancel. Mine just happen to be entertaining." Petyr offered casually.