2. Drown

Heartbreaking was the word Salem would use to describe how she felt seeing her home over run by Boltons.

"Petyr... a fucking word." Salem griped grabbing his arm with a bruising grip. "Fuck you!"

"Please do." petyr mused and salems grip tightened on his arm. It was all too much, being here with them, the Boltons she couldnt do it.

"You think this is funny? Fucking with my life? My freedom?" Salem hissed through clenched jaw. "I'm not going to do shit."

"You wanted your home back. Marrying Ramsay gets you winterfell"  petyr reasoned

"It also gets me a dagger through the chest. The boltons are awful. We cant stay here."

"Winterfell is your home. I brought you home. As promised." petyr reasoned but salem shook her head. "I have promised you i would get you home. I did. This is the cost of home for you and your sister." Salem let out a sigh. "Good girl."

"I didnt agree." salem corrected

"Yes you did. You just dont want to admit it." Petyr told her guiding her inside as the gates opened up. 

"Open gates! Hold up!''

''Lady Salem, Lady Sansa, welcome.''

''Lord Bolton.'' Sansa said stiffly. Salem stared back at him it took everything in her not to run. Petyr pressed a hand to her back keeping her in place though.

''May I introduce my son, Ramsay Bolton?'' Roose offered.

''It's an honor to meet you both.'' Ramsay said ever so politely. Salem looked him over. He was handsome she supposed. At least it wouldnt be a dreadful face to look at for all time or until Stannis came.

Ramsay reached out pressing a gentle kiss on Salems hand. Her eyes followed him silently.

"You are so beautiful my lady." Ramsay purred and Salem almost smiled as he met her gaze. 

"I think ladies Salem and Sansa are tired from their journey." Petyr offered. 

"Yes." Salem agreed. 

"Your old rooms are ready for you." Roose remarked kindly and Salem offered him a pinched smile in return. 

"Thank you for that kindness." Salem agreed as she grabbed onto Sansa's arm leading her along. 

+

"Can I just say what a load of dung!" Salem declared.

"Salem!" Sansa begged her to be quiet. 

"He's handsome sure but this place. That man! Roose." Salem sneered "I want his head on a spike!" 

"Salem dont talk like that." Sansa begged as the door opened. 

"Pardon me my ladies." 

"Save us." Salem whispered her voice drifting through the winter wind.  

''I'll bring you a bowl of hot water. You must want to wash." An elderly maid remarked.

''Thank you.'' Sansa answered distantly as Salem flopped back onto the bed.

"Or to drown in." Salem countered covering her eyes with her arms.

''Welcome home, Ladies Stark. The North remembers.''

Salems head popped up from the bed only to see her leaving.

"What room did they put you in?" Sansa whispered.

"The cunt took my room." Salem grumbled. "They said our rooms were made but that little cunt took it!" Salem hissed out. "I suppose since I will wed him it will be mine again but I hate it all the same. It will never be my room again. It will always have that stain of him."

"You could take mother and fathers" sansa remarked.

"When Roose is dead." Salem agreed. "But sleeping in a bed where they... fornicated really takes any future love interests, well takes the love out lovers." Salem offered.

"Gross." Sansa declared.

+

''She really is lovely. I hope I can make her happy." Ramsay remarked falsely.

''I hope so too. I've become quite fond of Lady Salem during our travels together. She suffered enough." Petyr informed him

''I'll never hurt her. You have my word.'' Ramsay assured but Petyr knew that vicious smile anywhere.  ''I've heard very little about you. Which makes you quite a rare thing, as lords go.''

''I haven't been a lord very long.'' Petyr offered.

''I was a bastard.'' Ramsay reminded him.

''And you're not anymore.'' Petyr agreed.

''Allow me a moment alone with Lord Baelish." Roose requested but it was a demand.

''Yes, father. And thank you, Lord Baelish.'' Ramsay said heading off.

''I'm forever in your debt.'' Roose remarked.

''He seems pleased.'' Petyr added nodding back to Ramsay

''Shouldn't he be?'' Roose countered

''I assure you she's still a virgin. Tyrion never consummated the marriage. By the law of the land, she's no man's wife. Inspect her, if you must." Petyr told him but Petyr would rather do the inspection if it came to it. But Salem was not a virgin. She hadnt been for a long time. But the man who took her virginity was also dead to her so it seemed fitting she pretended to lose it to a man she was going to hate for the rest of her life as well. 

''I leave that to the brothel keeper. It's her name I need, not her virtue." Roose reminded him

''I have delivered everything I've promised." Petyr reminded him

''And you prepared for the consequences. When the Lannisters hear I've wed Salem Stark to Ramsay-''

''The Lannister name doesn't mean what it once did. Tywin is dead. He kept his house in power through sheer will. Without him, Jaime has one hand and no allies, Tommen is a soft boy, not a king to fear." Petyr assured

''The Queen will be enraged.''

''Queen Margaery adores Salem and Sansa. Cersei is Queen Mother, a title whose importance wanes with each passing day." Petyr offered. 'You noticed, still as friends men in important places, whom she can ask for favors.''

''A message for you, from Cersei Lannister. A rider arrived from Eyrie, shortly before dawn. Apparently, she thinks you're still in the Vale.'' Roose remarked holding it out hesitantly.

''A message for me, you say. Strange that the seal is broken." Petyr told him delicately.

''I'm sure you understand my position, Lord Baelish. If you received word in the night from the Queen Mother, it does make me question our new alliance. Lannisters made you one of the great lords of Westeros. Yet, here you are in the North, undermining them." Roose countered ''Why gamble with your position?''

'' Every ambitious move is a gamble. You gambled when you drove a dagger into Robb Stark's heart. Salems twin. She wont forgive that. Not ever. Best make sure Ramsay has her falling in love with himself sooner rather than late." Petyr suggested. Roose huffed out a breath "but... It appears that your gamble paid off. You're Warden of the North.''

''I had Tywin Lannister backing. Who supports me now? You?'' Roose countered

''The Eyrie is mine.'' Petyr agreed  ''The last time the lords of the Eyrie formed an alliance with the lords of the North, they brought down the greatest dynasty this world has ever known." Petyr reminded him.  ''I'd like to borrow one of your birds. Cersei will expect a reply."

''I'd like to read the reply.'' Roose retorted.