4. To Remember

"He hasnt stopped staring at you." Sansa remarked.

"Im gorgeous he better not look at any other woman as long as he lives." Salem agreed with a smirk.

"You seem at ease. I don't understand." Sansa whispered.

"Its an act." Salem corrected. "But he is handsome... cocky too. But we will make due until stannis."

"What if he doesnt come? What if he doesnt save us? What if the Boltons are too-"

"Who are we?" Salem countered as they walked the courtyard. "Who are we?" Salem repeated slowly. Sansa didn't understand. "Who are we Sansa?"

"Starks." She both stated and questioned.

"Damn right. And where are we?"

"Winterfell." She answered more confidently.

"Winterfell." Salem agreed. "Home of the..." she prompted.

"Starks." Sansa agreed feeling more confident as Salem agreed her hand.

"This is our home. They should feel like intruders. Not us." Salem reminded her. 

"I dont like Lord Bolton. He scares me." Sansa whispered. 

"He killed Robb. I'm going to kill him." Salem remarked. "Dont worry about Roose Bolton. He will be ash before you know it."

+

''She's far away from the Lannisters. This is her home. Maybe Lady Salem and lady Sansa is better off here.'' Podrick offered

''Better off with the Boltons who murdered her mother and brother?'' Brienne countered stiffly. ''Salem and Sansa are in danger even if they doesn't realize it." They looked to the door as it opened. They had stopped for the night and got a roof over their heads. ''Thank you." Brienne said kindly as she took the blanket from the man. ''You've lived here a long time?'

''Aye.'' he answered stiffly.

''Did you know Lord Eddard?''

''I knew him and his father before him.'' the man answered ''The Starks are gone now.''

''Not all of them. I know who's inside that castle.'' Brienne countered.

''Everyone knows. The Boltons.''

''I'm not talking about the Boltons. I need to get a message to her. To Salem Stark.'' Brienne told him.

''Who are you?''

''Someone who swore to keep her and her sister safe.'' Brienne offered.

''Swore to who?''

''Her mother.''

''Her mother's dead.' he spat back

''That doesn't release me from an oath. I served Lady Catelyn. I serve her still. Who do you serve?'' Brienne countered.

+

"Come back here. Myranda." Ramsay demanded grabbing her arm.

"I saw you staring at her." Myranda hissed

"I'm going to marry her." Ramsay agreed "That will involve looking at her from time to time." Or constantly, there was something dangerous about Salem, lurking under the surface and Ramsay was intrigued by her. He knew Roose killed Salem's twin though, so he expected some violence, some pain, some resentment. But he saw past her false smiles just as she did with him. 

"You said you'd marry me." She reminded him defensively

"And I meant it. When I was a bastard named Snow. But I'm a Bolton now. What I want is no longer the primary consideration. I'm furthering a dynasty." Ramsay remarked strategically.