07: 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼

"Bilaal, you don't have to stick around. I am good."I muttered as I moved around my mothers garden and pulled out weeds.

"I know you're lying, I am a walking lie detector, Sade. I won't leave you alone and you've been here for weeks now. That doesn't make me feel comfortable."Bilaal responded as she placed her hand on my shoulder making me stand up to look up at the sky to see that it was getting dark.

"I need to get dinner started. You staying?"I asked as I dusted the dirt off of my hands.

"Of course I am."She sternly replied as she grabbed my hand making me lead us inside my old house.

I haven't been here in years so everytime I stepped foot into the house I just got a rush of memories which always made me cry for the first few days but after a few days I got used to it.

"Shuri misses you."She began as she sat on the kitchen count next to me as I began to chop up the onion.

"Oh?"I simply replied as I grabbed two pots from the cabinets and placed them on they stove before turning the stove knobs to high heat.

"Yeah. She is actually building the artificial heart shaped herb."she replied as she kicked her feet like a little girl as I grabbed the chopping board and slid the onions into the pot that had sizzling oil making the oil sizzle alot louder.

"That's amazing. You want chicken or meat free today?"I asked as I looked at the chicken that had finally defrosted in the sink.

"Chicken. Sade, we need you for that battle. You know I am bad with water."She replied as I tossed a couple of spices into the pot and began to stir them around.

"I know which is why you are staying with me."I responded back not looking up at her but she just nodded in response and jumped down the counter.

I continued to cook and took a breather as I thought about everyone fighting Namor alone especially since he had a lot people that could fight the war.

I then heard familiar tunes of Bilaal playing her guitar. Bilaal's uncle got Bilaal a guitar to help her cope with any problems she was having at any given time because Bilaal usually feels overwhelmed or anxious so the guitars always helps her calm down.

"It's just another night
Just another fight for my life
It's alright, because everything dies
Nobody know why
Wetin I go do?
Wetin you go do when you feeling like you're falling
And you can't find nothing to hold on to?"I heard her singing which made me sigh heavily as I leaned against the counter before I turned to face the pot once again as I heard her singing once again.

"My body don dey tire, eh
E make me madder, eh
My head don scatter, eh
My Holy Father, eh
My body don dey tire, eh
E make me madder, eh
When my whole world is set on fire
Don't leave me alone."I sang with her as soon as she played the familiar chorus.

I closed the pots and made my way to the porch to see her still playing her guitar.

"Fine."I muttered making her giggle as she continued to play the guitar.

"Bendingazami kukwenza uzive kakubi. uzenzele lonto kodwa ndizoyithatha. (I was not trying to make you feel bad. you did that to yourself but I will take it.)"She chimed as she stopped playing the guitar and placed her arm over it making me roll my eyes.

"ngena ngaphakathi. kuyabanda apha phandle. (come inside. its cold out here.)"I muttered as I gently took her guitar out of her grasp and placed it into her case before I clipped it back.

"Shuri is going to be so happ-"

"I am doing this for Wakanda, Queen Ramonda, King T'Challa, King T'Chaka and you."I interrupted as I pulled her into the house before I closed the door behind me.

"You lying again."Bilaal giggled in a sing-song tone as she nudged me making me roll my eyes at her before I went back to the kitchen.

After I had prepared dinner I dished up for us and then I heard my Kimoyo beads ringing making tap it to see who was calling and to my surprise it was Shuri making me roll my eyes as I slid my kimoyo beads off my placed it near my plate.

"I am sure that was Shuri."Bilaal replied as she took a sip from her glass of water.

"You shocked?"I sarcastically responded as I took a sip of my water.

"No, she's actually at the door."Bilaal responded smugly making me sigh heavily as I began to eat my food.

"Sade, please."

I sighed heavily as soon as I heard her voice from the other side of that door before I tapped my spoon against my plate aggressively as I scooped up my food with my spoon making the plate clink repeatedly hoping maybe it would mask Shuri's begging.

"Uceba ukophula lo pleyiti? (You planning on breaking that plate?)"Bilaal sarcastically asked making me roll my eyes.

"You cannot ignore me forever, Sade."Bilaal rolled her eyes as she got up to open the door.

"Wenze into entle ngokuvula elacango ngoba uzobe uthetha naye. (You did a good thing opening that door because you will be talking to her.)"I sarcastically replied as watched Bilaal open the door and reveal Shuri holding a bouquet of desert roses.

"Sade, you're turning 21 in a few days. You cannot be acting like this."Bilaal responded as she shut the door behind Shuri.

"Hello."Shuri greeted as she sat in front of me where Bilaal was sitting.

"I'm going to go to my room."Bilaal mumbled as she walked off with a smirk.

"Listen, Sade you don't have to talk to me. I would just like you to listen to me."Shuri started off making me place my spoon on my plate and look up at her with a blank face, I could see that she looked abit tired.

"I am sorry, Sade. I know it has taken me a long time to actually come to you and say this but it was because I knew that I had to come to you with the right apology especially since I have thought about how much I have hurt you for the longest time. I should have been mindful of that fact that you were still mourning your mom and you were still mentally traumatized about the fact that your father possessed you once. I was being selfish because we were both mourning my family not just myself. I need you to come back, Sade. I miss you so much and I am not ready to give up on you that easily."Shuri expressed as she outstretched her hands for me to hold making me slight push my plate aside before I accepted her hands and stared at our hands.

"You are all I have right now, you and Bilaal who is listening in to our conversation."She added making me smile slight as I rolled my eyes.

"I was not listening. Ezinye izivamvo zam zisebenza ngcono kunokubona kwam. (my other senses just work better than my sight.)"Bilaal pitched in making me giggle before I looked up at Shuri.

"I won't allow my hurtful words ruin our relationship."Shuri muttered as she bought my hands to her lips and kissed them making me give her a small smile.

"Next time tell me to get out like that again. I might stop your heart."I replied making her laugh as she leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"She's not lying. I felt it."Bilaal chimed in as she walked into the room.