dotae

— mirrorballs & shimmer lights —

mirrorballs & shimmer lights —

summary: theater kids lee taeyong and kim doyoung love creating drama— literally.

dotae rival theatre students.

...

taeil was going through the list of sponsors for The Blaze— their academy's annual play when he heard a soft knock and the door creaked open.

"taeyong if you're here to ask me for the main lead's role, i'm not doing it"

"but taeil-" taeyong whines, standing in the middle of the room, his id card loosely hanging around his neck. his ivory shirt neatly tucked in the navy blue slacks.

"no taeyong, doyoung has already been selected for it" taeil says, finally keeping his files aside.

taeyong suppresses the urge to roll his eyes. he pulls the chair hastily and sits down in front of the older. "so? i can do it better than him"

"lower your ego, mr.lee. it's not gonna take you anywhere "

"it brought me here," taeyong shrugs. by 'here' he means being the top student of the Moon Academy. the only student with 37 awards under his name and a history of leading all the plays since the age of 14.

people who have seen him perform say he was born to be on stage, made to act. the way he gets through the skin of each character he portraits. from perfect dialogue dilivery to on point expressions, he has mastered it all. his body language during a scene, the emotions that seep through his voice, ringing loud and clear in the auditorium halls definitely leave a mark on everyone's heart.

he's the best they have but he isn't the only one they got. taeyong was used to being on top, being praised for his outstanding acting after every play. he was used to playing the lead character, being the centre.

but not until kim doyoung came into picture. since then doyoung has been taking all the lead roles, pissing the older off every time he snatches his position from him.

taeil sighs, "taeyong i would like you to leave. you have auditions tomorrow, i'm sure you will manage to get a good role"

"okay taeil, tell me why the fuck does he gets to do the lead role and not me?" taeyong voice is stretched and irritated.

"the answer is simple, taeyong. his auditions were better than yours"

"him? that newbie? he has been here for what? 6 months? why is everyone worshipping his ass? as if i haven't devoted half of my life to this academy?"