henyang

— cosmic feelings —

cosmic feelings —

hendery's eyes scan the room full of young teenagers drinking, dancing, screaming and doing all slots of new year's eve things.

the music is too loud for his ear and the smell of alcohol is tingling his nose. his eyes skim through the faces in the room, some he recognises, some he doesn't. but none of them are the person he's looking for.

he didn't think leaving a clumsy drunk boy in a room full of party animals would be this bad. he checks his wrist watch 11:36 "oh shit" he needs to find yangyang before midnight. no, not for a new year's kiss. yangyang is his friend but they have a tradition of being the first ones to wish each other every new year.

his eyes land on ten who's dancing with another tall male whose name he couldn't remember. he was about to walk towards them and ask ten about yangyang's whereabouts until he saw them start grinding on each other. he turns around and walks in the other direction.

making his way through the crowd he finally finds his friend, xiaojun who's in a serious conversation with yuta, the soccer captain and his boyfriend, sicheng.

"hey xiao, did you see yangyang anywhere?"

xiaojun unglues his eyes from the couple and diverts his attention towards him "sorry man, i didn't"

hendery let's out another sigh. he pulls the shelves of his shirt up to check the time, panicking internally at every passing second. 11:41

seeing the distressed look on hendery's face, he points at the food counter. "kun might help"

hendery's eyes follow the older's finger. he sees kun sitting on the floor along with taeyong, the school vice president. he's drinking directly from the bottle while taeyong is munching on his chicken nuggets. they look like they're having a fun talk.

he walks up to them, making them look up in confusion. "what's up hendery? it's been a while" taeyong greets him casually.

"yeah, it's been a while" he replies, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. he and taeyong aren't that close but they're still in the same friend circle so they end up having small conversations once in a while.

"i'm trying to find yangyang. seen him anywhere?" his eyes land on his watch again. 11:47 fucking hell.

"um, I think we saw him go towards the rooftop a few minutes ago" kun replies after a pause that felt longer than it actually was.

after thanking the two boys he makes his way towards the rooftop, taking three stairs at a time.

he finds the younger leaning over the railing, staring at the night sky in front of him. his back faces him and he can see the slow and calm movement of his shoulders.