"Keep listening, there's even a cello accompaniment later," Taehyung remarked.

Jimin was caught between astonishment and shock, and although there really was the sounds of a cello later, all his attention was sucked away by the violin.

It wasn't that the violin playing was beyond amazing, but it reminded him of what happened at the TV station years ago.

At that time, he was still a tsundere child, and because of his own lack of confidence in the face of Taehyung's excellence, gave up on the opportunity in front of him.

But more than that, he lingered over the indignation of being completely forgotten by Taehyung......

Though on the other hand, if it wasn't for that shock, he probably wouldn't have come to F University, wouldn't have become roommates with Taehyung, and wouldn't be here with him now, preparing for a performance together.

Fate was truly a mysterious thing.

"What are you smiling about?" Taehyung asked.

"Eh?" Jimin blinked, not realizing that the song ended, or that he was smiling. "I was...thinking about a thing."

"What thing?"

"You know, after we graduate and go our separate ways......" Jimin lifted an arm and randomly played a few stanzas of Jump!, lowering his eyes and softening his voice: "When it's many years in the future, and you hear this song again, would you...remember me?"

......Or would you be like 6 years ago, or 4 years ago, and completely forget?

After all, you've never lacked for friends.

......

Actually, by the time he said the words "remember me", he'd already given himself goosebumps over how corny he was being. Jimin hoped that Taehyung would treat this question like he did all the others, reply with a joke, and move on to the next topic.

However, Taehyung fell silent.

Taehyung was rendered dumbstruck. His first reaction to this question wasn't what Jimin asked, but rather— Why would they have to go their separate ways? Why couldn't they stay together?

But Taehyung quickly realized that he was being too childish.

To someone whose family split when he was young, he was no stranger to "parting ways". He wasn't naive and knew that friends going their separate ways after graduation was the norm. For example, his friends in high school, JungKook, BeomSeok, Suho... At present, not a single one of them was by his side; they were scattered across the globe, living in a place with an 8, or 10, or 12 hour time zone difference. Unless an emergency came up, they probably wouldn't even talk on Whatsapp for weeks at a time.

But thinking of how in a few years, he and Jimin would also be like this... Taehyung didn't want to imagine such a future.

He raised his hand and smashed out a duang on the keyboard, breaking this silence.

"No," Taehyung asserted.

Jimin's heart clenched...... Taehyung won't remember him?

Fuck you!

Yet, before Jimin could official stamp "heartless bastard" all over Taehyung, he heard the other say: "We won't go our separate ways." After a paused, he then smiled: "Alright, let's practice. Why are you even thinking about things so far away."

Jimin: "......"

That "We won't go our separate ways" echoed in his ears, again and again, sinking into his very being.