And I'll see your true colours shining through
I see your true colours
And that's why I love you

Deathbringer faded out; usually, his mother would sing, but she wasn't here. He clenched his talons; he was alone.

So, don't be afraid

Glory slowly increased her volume, hesitate as to whether this was allowed. It felt sacred like Deathbringer had forgotten she was here.

To let them show

Deathbringer's head shot up. That was Glory singing. He wasn't alone. Raising to his feet, he continued to sing, but louder.

Your true colours,
True colours are beautiful,

Glory slowly rose to her feet, tail wrapping around the stone spike. Her voice rose higher, matching Deathbringer's.

I see your true colours shining through
True colours!

Glory's voice rang out louder and louder as she gained more footing.

I see your true colours
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show

Glory slowly moved, resting one talon around the rock as she leaned her snout around.

Your true colours
True colours

Deathbringer was standing there; midnight scales shining in the pale moonlight as he sang. Stepping forwards and beginning to leave her hideaway, Deathbringer turned to face her.

Are beautiful

Deathbringer stepped forward as Glory squeezed through. His eyes ran over her, taking in any changes from the night before. She looked shaken but unharmed.

Like a rainbow

Glory smiled as Deathbringer checked over her. 'Some things never change.'

Ooh ooh oh ooh like a rainbow

Deathbringer stepped forwards, resting one of his talons on her's.

'Ho, can't remember when

Their eyes met, for a moment, time seemed to slow.

I last saw you laughing
Ooh oh oh
This world makes you crazy
Taking all you can bear
Just, call me up
'Cause I'll be always be there!

Together, their voices echoed, bouncing around them.

And I see your true colours, shining through
I see your true colours,
And that's why I love you,
So don't be afraid,
Don't be afraid
To let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful

Slowly, the two's singing started to slow and grow quieter.

Like a rainbow

Deathbringer could not help but notice the colours

Ooh ooh oh like a rainbow
Ohh ohh ohh

When they had finished, they were panting slightly; they had sung our hearts out.

The two stared at each other, catching each other's eyes as they rested their foreheads on each other. The air around them stood still before Glory closed her eyes, tears welling as she pulled away.

"Glory?" Deathbringer asked, using his wing to point Glory's snout back at himself, "what's wrong?"

"I- I had a nightmare," Glory whispered, "everyone was dead, and it was my fault. Everyone I've cared about, I could only just stand there watching you'll die."

"Glory, everyone is alive," Deathbringer stated, "no one is dead, especially not because of you."

"It- It- It just looked so real," Glory whimpered.

"But it wasn't," Deathbringer stated, pulling her closer, "no one is dead because of you."

Glory melted into Deathbringer the tension from the nightmare fading. It was silent until her stomach began to growl, making its demands well known.

"Let's get you some food then, shall we?" Deathbringer smirked, leading the two out of the stone forest.

-----

Slowly, the residue tension and fear bled from their systems as they sat down to eat their food.