25. Unique killer/s

Start from the beginning

"How fast was the police response time?" Spencer asked, reading further down the report.

"4 minutes, 26 seconds. During which time...Raphael managed to do this." Penelope showed images of the dead bodies up on the screen, keeping her eyes on the team.

"In 4 and 1/2 minutes?" JJ looked at Penelope shocked. Penelope nodded, seeming impressed.

"Mr. Kyle is a dot com millionaire. His company is one of the largest employers in the community. There's gonna be media coverage." Rossi informed as he looked at some of the information on the couple that Penelope had sent.

"Also, when they arrived, the police found this displayed prominently on the bed." Penelope put up a picture of the couple's bedroom. There was a bible open, with a specific passage highlighted.

"Revelations chapter 6, verse 8." Spencer looked at the specific passage, mumbling to himself. He knew exactly what the verse was, considering he had read the entire bible and due to his eidetic memory, he could recite any and all verses from any part of the book.

"They're killing sinners. These guys are on a mission." Spencer revealed, everyone exhaling.

"And mission-based killers will not stop killing." Hotch shook his head.

———

The team had gotten onto the plane. Spencer and Cassidy sat next to each other, Emily and JJ sitting across from them. Hotch and Rossi sat nearby. Morgan sat with girls in order to try and catch any information that Spencer and Cassidy might have told Emily and JJ about their relationship. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful.

"This is a bad one, isn't it?" Morgan rolled his eyes as Hotch answered Penelope's video call, watching as her face popped up onto the screen.

"Unsubs with a cause are never good." Cassidy shook her head.

"Pets, I just got the 9-1-1 call from the Georgia state police." Penelope exhaled before she played the recording, everyone getting ready to listen.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"I'm at 1527 chestnut drive." A frightened voice spoke, clearly scared by something. The voice was whispering.

"I know where you're calling from, sir. What's the emergency?" The operator asked, confused.

"He thinks they're too greedy. They have too much." The frightened voice spoke, their breathing shaky.

"Too much what?" The operator asked.

"Stuff, you know, possessions. Things they don't need. Hurry!" The frightened voice begged.

"You're calling because these people have too much stuff?" The operator almost scoffed in disbelief.

"No, I'm calling because Raphael-" Before the frightened voice could continue, another voice, a more stern and angry voice spoke.

"That's enough." The stern voice spoke.

"I know why he's calling, because Raphael is going to kill the sinners that live here." The stern voice spoke.

"I'm sorry, did you say someone is going to kill somebody?" The operator asked before the call went dead.

"Well, unsub one definitely sounds frightened." Cassidy exhaled, concerned.

"Maybe he's doing this against his will." Emily looked at Penelope.

"I doubt it. He whispered." Morgan shook his head.

"He could have called out to save them instead of calling 9-1-1." JJ suggested.

"Not if he had a gun to his head." Spencer moved in his seat.

"If he had a gun to his head, why would he have dialled 9-1-1?" Rossi asked, confused.

"The second unsub said Raphael was going to kill someone." Hotch reminded the team.

"Is there a third?" JJ asked.

"Referring to oneself in the third person is not uncommon for an unsub. Ted Bundy gave thoroughly detailed accounts of his murders, but he never actually admitted to doing it. He would just say, "the killer." Spencer informed the team.

"Okay, so I'm gonna go ahead and the name Raphael through the Georgia criminal databases as well as our own." Penelope started typing.

"Thanks, Garcia." Hotch nodded.

"Ever so welcome, my liege." Penelope smiled before hanging up, her face disappearing from the screen.

"We have a killing team on a mission in rural Georgia. We know what that means." Hotch looked at the team.

"They're not gonna stop until the mission's complete." Cassidy crossed her arms.

"We need to hit the ground running. JJ, We need an inside picture of the victims. Victimology can be critically important in a mission-based spree." Hotch looked at JJ, who nodded.

"Already on it." She smiled.

"Prentiss, go where the bodies are. Examine the wounds. They managed to kill 2 victims in 4 and 1/2 minutes." Hotch looked at Emily, who smiled.

"You got it." She nodded her head.

"We need to know how. Cassidy, you and Rossi are gonna set up at the Atlanta field office and go over case files from the state. It would be highly unusual for a first kill to be this efficient." Hotch informed.

"Reid, you and Morgan, come with me to the crime scene. We land in less than an hour." Hotch nodded before everyone went back to their normal travelling activities.

Cassidy looked between Hotch and Spencer, wondering if Hotch purposefully separated her and Spencer.